#4

"The face is the mirror to the soul"

My first thought after reading this quote was, "This bootleg quote.. it is the eyes." Quickly I recognized that the face may be the mirror and the eyes are the windows to the soul.

Because of course everyone has windows in their mirrors right?

Recently people have been commenting on my face. Not the usual, "awwe" or "you're adorable" comments as I've grown use to but instead "what's wrong" or "are you okay?". It's a really strange change that I usually just laugh off and mentally slap myself for not keeping it together. I don't know about you but my facial expression usually gives off my mood quite perfectly. As soon as I step foot on school grounds my facial expression resembles solemn, dispare, irritation and anger.

I don't hate school. I value education and my future but I hate to be at school. I have nothing to look forward to. No short time goals to keep my mood from turning sour during the school day. After school is no better because honestly I don't want to be home either. So it's like how can I brighten my mood when I actually do not care about things that are surrounding me. Perhaps my mood and face are protraying the darkness of my soul. The inevitable darkness of a self centered teenager. *wink*

Maybe your face does mirror how bright, dark, young, old, happy, sad, or wise your soul is. I never stare at people's and face and think, "my, how many pimples they have, must be a hormonal soul." but maybe I should.

Moral of the story. If you see a friend of ally with a frowning face or face of hatred try to see what's up. Don't be annoying be compationate.

Don't forget to smile through it all.