"I don't think so, Jin. Maybe sleep's just tryna take h-"

"I'm--'m not...not sick. Shick. Sh-...sugar." Yoongi suddenly cocked his head to one side and furrowed his brow. "Sugar? Sweet. The drink, I thought it was bitter, but I...it's sweet like sugar. Suugar, I am suga~..."

Silence. There was dead silence.

"Oh my gosh, Yoongi's drunk."

They all just sat there for a long moment, watching the dark-haired boy rock his head back and forth as he hummed softly to himself and tapped his fingernails against his glass. His tall, empty glass.

"Yoongs..." Namjoon whispered to his friend in a low voice. "What did you drink?"

"Soda water," Yoongi replied in his slurred voice. "Well, it was s'posed to be." He pursed his lips, licked them, then pouted. "Wait...did...did, agh, my tongue...Joon, d'you spike it? My soda water. I can't believe you'd do that to me..."

"Y-...Yoongi?"

He spun his head around quickly.

"Ah, Jimin." A drunk, crooked smile slipped itself onto Yoongi's face. "Cute. Always so cute..." He breathed the softest of laughs and caressed Jimin's cheek. "Can you believe Joon? He's...I mean, I thought he was...y'know, a good guy, at least, kinda? But he went an' spiked my soda water. Uncalled for."

He scooted himself closer to Jimin, and before the latter realized it, Yoongi was clinging to him, once again humming but it hardly sounded like a real song anymore, just random noises. Jimin could feel as his face flushed with color, heart beating faster as Yoongi squeezed him even tighter. Everyone was watching. And that just made it a thousand times worse.

"Y-Yoongi, what are-"

"Sshhhh..." Yoongi pressed a finger to Jimin's lips. "Like I was saying, Joon's a freakin' jerk. I wanted plain ol' soda water...now look what he did...ugh, I feel weird..." With the arm he had wrapped around Jimin's back, Yoongi took hold of the boy's arm. "Honestly...you wouldn't do sumthin' like that, wouldja, Jimin? Nah. Nah, 'course not. You're an angel. Angel, my angel, Jimin...protect me from Joonie..."

Taehyung's jaw was on the floor. Jungkook felt himself blushing and he didn't know why. He could be teasing Jimin right now but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to. This was too shocking a scene.

"Namjoon," Hoseok whispered at some point, "just how strong was that drink??"

"I...have no idea." He swallowed his breath and glanced at Yoongi's empty glass. "It couldn't have been that bad. I guess he just has a really low tolerance..." His eyes drifted gradually over to his friend.

"Jimiiin...lay down, won't you?"

"Whoa, okay, now hold on there, Yoongs."

Jimin's shoulder was pushed gently back by Yoongi's hand until he was lying flat against the floor. And Yoongi just laid his head gently against Jimin's chest and closed his eyes.

"I feel like I'm invading their privacy by being here."

"Yeah, same. But can I just say that I love how Jimin is doing absolutely nothing to stop him."

"Hobi, sshh."

"What did I do??"

The main reason Jimin wasn't doing anything to stop Yoongi was because he couldn't process what was happening. Yoongi being drunk, for starters, and the careless, slurred words that drifted out of his lazy mouth, and...

"Heartbeat..."

A sleepy whisper. Yoongi draped one arm over Jimin's stomach. Taehyung audibly gasped. Eyes not moving from the two boys lying on the floor, he leaned over to Jungkook to whisper something in his ear, not realizing that Jungkook was doing the same exact thing. The two bumped heads - lightly, but it startled both of them and urged their gazes to be relocated.