T h i r t y - T w o

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

The wait for my parents didn't seem long, within just a couple of minutes after calling them they both immediately set off and now I could notice them rolling up outside the complex. With shaken hands, I slowly try and pull my hand out of the sleeves of Fletcher's jacket he had borrowed me the second we stepped outside, but he quickly stops me.

"Keep it," he reassures, and just as I am close to arguing he completely breaks down the argument, "please?" He says, his eyes exhausted and full of guilt.

Before I am able to say anything else, my parents, hurriedly step out the car and elope me in a tight embrace. I awkwardly stand there and cautiously place my hands around them too.

"Are you okay?" My father questions worriedly but my mum interrupts and glances at Fletcher.

"Are you both okay?" She corrects but Fletcher continues to stay silent looking at the ground guiltily.

"We're fine, I promise," I reassure, "It all just happened so fast and got out of control it was hard to catch onto what was really happening."

My father looks at Fletcher, his face showing immense remorse, perhaps he began to realise his secrets didn't protect the ones he loved but instead hurt them.

"Will you have anywhere to go tonight, Fletcher?" My father questions and Fletcher's head immediately lifts almost in shock that he even gave him a second of his time.

"Ye-Yes, thanks," he says and my father gives him a small nod before stepping back inside the car along with my mum.

"Are you sure you'll be fine, Fletch?" I question once my parents are out of plain sight.

"I will don't worry about me," he says and a small smile forms on his lips as he looks at me but I observe the despair in his eyes.

"I'm really sorry you got involved in my mess, honestly, I'm so--" I roll my eyes and quickly press my lips to his to his shock. In that given second the adrenaline driving my actions leaves me to be completely careless that my parents are probably watching with wide eyes nor that Fletcher was mid-sentence. His initial shock seems to disappear within seconds as he carefully places his hands on my cheeks and deepens the kiss.

After a second I pull away and throw him a small smile before walking off and stepping inside the car leaving him stood in that exact spot for seconds longer and discretely placing his finger on his lips.

Once we are on the road I decide to interrupt the silence between the three of us and talk about the elephant in the room.

"Dad," I see him looking at me in the mirror and I continue, "that man, that man inside that attacked us, that was Fletcher's biological dad," I state but my dad didn't seem to shock any initial shock, unlike my mum who went wide-eyed almost immediately.