Prologue: A Man's Wish

A man wearing all black was walking down the street in a frenzy. Clear panic could be shown in the way he walked, and the way he was muttering to himself. People looked at him weirdly, staring at the man who was muttering to himself, and they start parting him a path like the red sea. The man took this as a chance to walk faster, begging god to help him. Finally seeing his destination, he goes into a full sprint, first making sure his bundle of joy was safely tucked in his coat.

Nearly reaching his destination, he was stopped by yelling in the alley that he had ran by. Hesitating he pauses an takes a look inside and sees a woman getting slapped around by a bunch of ugly men. He glares harshly and starts walking towards them with a determined look. Getting to his destination could wait a bit.

The group starts to notice him getting closer, a cruel smirk on one of their faces. And suddenly they start to walk away, leaving the man clad in all black confused. He looks aver to the woman who had her face in her hands, a few bruises on her forearms. He could hear soft crying coming from her making the man sigh softly. Leaning down he talks to her.

" It's ok." He said trying to comfort her. He doesn't notice an erie smile on her face suddenly appear, a look of terrible glee in her eyes.

" Yeah, you're right. Once you're dead of course." His eyes widen as he feels the last of his hope to protect his bundle of joy being swept away along with his life. Feeling the long dagger plunge his heart he chokes, cursing his god without hesitation. Remembering his bundle of joy he slams his hands onto the ground, forcing himself to stand up. The cruel woman watches silently, thinking how foolish the man was. After all why fight back in the face of death?

Thankfully, she doesn't notice the small cry of a infant from inside the man's black overcoat. She gets up walking away thinking her job was done.

He gets out of the alleyway, looking down at the dagger that was still stuck to his chest. The bundle of joy shifts, making the man sigh contently. He thought it didn't matter that he died. As long as she was safe he would die happily, without regrets. Maybe one. Which is never seeing his little girl grow up into a strong person an happy person.

Suddenly the man stumbles, his feet now dragging on the ground. Sensing his end was coming he tries to walk faster. He gets to his destination, putting down his bundle of joy on a safe spit. Now came the hard part. The man starts to feel a wetness going down his cheeks, making him sob uncontrollably, trying to find a reason as to why he was doing this. ' To protect her ' a voice said quietly in his mind. This makes him sob harder.

" I am so sorry my baby girl. I'm so sorry that I can't be there for you. Please forgive me." Not expecting and answer he turns away only to be stopped by a small chubby hand grabbing his fingers. He starts to tremble and feels sick. Getting up and leaving, he refused to look back, trying so hard to ignore the cries of his bundle of joy.

Stumbling he walks for 1 hour, struggling to stay alive. The dagger gleams in the light, reminding him that is time is near. Sighing he sits down on a bench in a park. Looking up an staring at the small but cozy park he thinks about his bundle of joy. ' She would've loved this' he thought. Looking up at the sky and staring at the moon, he silently accepts death, knowing he did everything he could. ' She will be safe ' was the last thought he ever had.