front door

so this is from your kid's perspective. think of the imagine of nick as the backstory to this one.

(Your kid's name) pov:

I heard the door click. Mom was in her room. I crawled out of bed to my desk. Moving the mouse just a tad, the computer screen lit up. The small icon of the mouse clicked on the google chrome icon. Mom said Dad was famous. I typed his name in. He came up. I looked at his image. Specifically his teenage picture. She was right I look sort of like him. I clicked on his Instagram. He still posted regularly. A photo of him and two kids was the most recent. The location popped up as well. New Jersey. He was in New Jersey. I thought he lived in LA. He could be here. We still lived in Mom's town. Grandma still lived in the same house.

After over two hours of digging through the internet, I found his address. I stared at the paper with words and numbers. It was there. I pulled out my phone.

To Blake:

Dude, I found my dad. He's here.

Moments later my phone buzzed.

From Blake:

What? How?

To Blake:

Idk I found it. Mom says that he lives in LA so he must be visiting. I found his old address. I assume his parents still live there. I wanted to meet him tomorrow.

From Blake:

Isn't that a bit risky? Wait is (your name) ok w/ this?

To Blake:

Not sure, I'm not going to tell her.

From Blake:

Ur goin get caught.

To Blake:

No I'm not cause ur going help me. I'm just going to say that I am at your house then I'm going to skate over to my dad's place. What could go wrong?

From Blake:

A lot of things. What if (your name) calls to talk to you? I'm not going to do it.

To Blake:

C'mon Blake, please, if my mom calls just say i'm taking a dump. Please dude.

From Blake:

Fine. you owe me

To Blake:

thx

A smirk danced across my lips as I turned off my phone. Tomorrow I was meeting my dad.

I woke up around 10. Quickly throwing on a hoodie and skinny jeans, I ran to the kitchen. Mom sat drinking coffee out of a mug scrolling through her phone. "Hey, Mom can I go to Blake's." She looked up at me. 

Her eyebrows furrowed as she spoke, "This early." 

I nodded. "We want to get to the donut shop before it closes." It was a reasonable excuse. The donut shop closed at eleven.

She bought it. Earbuds planted in my ears blasting On My Way by PRETTYMUCH.  I started to listen to his music last night. I texted Blake letting him know the plan one last time before plugging in the address in my phone. My skateboard fell under me as I took down the road. Twenty minutes later I was in front of the house. With a deep breath, I headed to the front door.

The front door. I stared at it for a minute. Behind this door was my dad. A man that I have never met. A man who didn't even know I existed. I knocked on the door. A good four minutes passed until the door swung open. A man who looked somewhat like my dad opened the door. My uncle. "Hi, how can I help you?" I stared at him before snapping out of my trance.