hard

sorry, I haven't updated in days. I just got a little busy. The title comes from WDW new album, don't think anything dirty ya little nasties.

Turning on your heel, you looked at the boy who you thought was your best friend. His normal tall stature was slumped. The brightness in his chocolate brown eyes was gone. Instead, they were filled to the brim with tears. The dark brown locks that were normally quiffed perfectly to the sky were matted down across his forehead. Brandon was still recognizable to you, but he was different. 

Each stood on the opposite sides of the empty school hallway. You stared at him with such an intensity, trying to figure out the situation. You thought everything was normal. That there was nothing different about your relationship with Brandon. You were you and B was B. He was supposed to be the same. But he was different.

He had changed everything with eight simple letters. Three simple words.

At first, you were angry. Your jaw clenched and your hand balled into a fist. You couldn't believe what he had just said when he knew what was going on between you and Nick. Brandon was supposed to be your best friend. Everything was meant to be platonic. 

Before those three words would have changed very little. Something might have actually happened between you and your best friend. The two of you could have gone out. Been in a relationship.

But now Nick was added into the equation. And those eight letters made everything so much more complicated. 

His dark eyes watched your every movement. He wanted to go back in time and change everything. At that moment, he needed to tell you how he felt. He needed to get those words off his chest. Now, standing across from you, seeing the tears trickled from your eyes, he knew he messed up. All he wanted was for you to be happy. Brandon cared about you so much. He needed to suppress his feelings now.

Tears continued to flood down your face. You wanted to stop hearing his words play in your head but you couldn't. They kept replaying. Over and Over and Over. Taking a deep breath, you decided you needed to leave. You needed your space from Brandon to think about everything. Everything between you and him. And between you and Nick. So without a final goodbye, you turned on your heal and walked out the two metal doors of your school.