Part 5

Arnav "Who the fuck are you?" He whispered in a dangerous tone.

Karthik "Karthik Singhania Raichand." He gulped looking away.

Arnav "I didn't ask for your name dammit." He barked making Karthik look at him seriously.

Karthik "What part of my conversation did you hear dear brother?" He crossed his arms imitating Arnav.

Arnav "Don't call me that. Don't you dare call me that. I trusted you and you are-"

Karthik "I'm what?" He glared back. "You think I'm some psycho? Spying on you for business? Trying to bring the great ASR down? Sorry. I have other ways to do that. Why would I come to your house stay with you and get to know you for that? One call to my sister who happens to be a business woman. And you're doomed."

Arnav "Oh really?" He scoffed raising his eyebrow.

Karthik "Yes really." He imitated Arnav.

Arnav "You think a woman can bring me down. Bring down ASR?" He scoffed.

Karthik "I'm sorry weren't you just crying about a woman last night? My bad. You've already been destroyed. What's more left for you-"

Arnav "SHUT UP." Arnav seethed in anger. "I trusted you with my personal life. You think it's funny?" He said frustrated. "Khushi might be my weakness but nothing comes in between my personal and professional life. So keep her out of this."

Karthik "I can't. So can't you. I'm sure you'll be begging me to have this partnership once you find out who my sister is." He smirked riling him up.

Arnav "In your dreams!" He glared.

Karthik "Come on, lad governor. Want me to call her?" He glared back with the same intensity. "You know what? Let me just dial her number already." He unlocked his phone still keenly observing Arnav's face that had paled.

Arnav "Di-d you just call me-"

"Hello?" A female voice resonated in the background causing Karthik and Arnav to halt. Karthik eyed the phone freezing Arnav on the spot.

"Hello? Karthik are you there?" Khushi spoke on the other side.

Karthik "Hey Khush? Yes I am. How are you?" He eyed Arnav.

"How am I? Where are you? And it's been a month. You never take such big foreign trips. And Dubai? Seriously? Out of all places. What's there in Dubai that's keeping you away from family? I'm worried alright? Do you have any clue how many calls I've made to you? You never pick up my phone. What the hell is going on? Are you even there in Dubai? I swear if I find out Karthik you're up-to something you'll see the worst of me alright? You just disappeared after our conversation. Without a care in the world." She breathed.

Karthik "Hey, relax Khushi. I'm on a break remember? I'm just having fun you see. These hot Arabian girls are keeping me away from family. I think I'm in love with a few." He smirked at Arnav who was trying to recover from the shock. His eyes has blurred from all the mixed emotions.

Khushi "You got to be kidding me. I can't believe this. You think this is funny?"

Karthik "Come on Khush. It's not like I'm helping you out with RI."