Part 4

India
Raizada Mansion

Arnav returned late from ARD after a tiring day finalising a few deals. He immediately walked towards the staircase before someone could halt him in the middle and drain him out emotionally. Much to his misfortune his steps were halted by Anjali's voice.

Anjali "You're home Chote?"

Arnav "Yes. It seems like it." He turned around and shrugged nonchalantly.

Anjali "Chote I want you to go through these. Tell me if you like anyone."

Arnav "What pictures?" He frowned taking the envelope in his hand.

Manorama "Hello hi bye bye Arnav Bitwa these are pictures of some beautiful girls. Me and Anjali bitiya specially selected for you to see." She chirped out of nowhere. "So that you can finally settle down with one of them."

Armav stared at the envelope then at Anjali followed by Manorma, his anger knew no bounds. He felt that in that moment his blood pressure had shot up like never before. Years of bottling up his feelings did him no good. It was high time he let those feelings out. And so he did.

"WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOU THAT I'M INTERESTED IN GETTING MARRIED?" The remaining members of the mansion came rushing downstairs.

Anjali was flabbergasted "Ch-ote how are you talking to me? How can you t-alk to me like that?"

Arnav "FROM MY FUCKING MOUTH AND IN THE SAME WAY YOU TOLD ME TO MOVE ON. WHO ARE YOU GUYS TO FORCE ME? WHO GAVE YOU THE FUCKING RIGHTS TO TAKE DECISIONS ON MY BEHALF?"

Shyam intervened "Saale sahab you can't talk to Rani Saheba like that!"

Arnav "YOU SHUT UP BASTARD. Don't you dare come between me and her. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU DI? YOU, WHO ALWAYS UNDERSTOOD MY INNER TURMOIL IS ASKING ME TO MOVE ON KNOWING THAT I LOVE MY WIFE AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HER?"

Anjali "Chote I just want you to be happy. I want to see you smiling like before." She whispered taken aback by his loud scream.

Arnav "You forgot Di, I never used to smile until she entered my life. She made me do things which I never did before. Smiling, laughing, participating with my family, performing rituals. You know that. ONLY SHE HAD THE CAPABILITY TO MOVE ME, TO MELT MY HEART AND YOU ARE ASKING ME TO FORGET THE SAME WOMAN WHO CHANGED ME FOR THE BETTER?" He breathed fire. Taking deep breaths he whispered. "Just answer one question for me."

"You worship this man oh don't you Di? Two years back when I threw him out of this house because of something that was according to you a mere misunderstanding, when I asked you to move on forget him why weren't you ready to forget him Di?"

This question stunned each and every person of the family. Specially Anjali who now with guilty face couldn't meet the gaze of her brother.

Arnav "Silent are we? Let me answer that for you then. You couldn't do that. Because you were in love with him. In fact when you couldn't see any chance of him coming back you tried to abort your baby after Khushi came to ask you to have your food. And what happened in the end? She was blamed. Accused by every one (He eyed Mami) Did you forget how she brought him back by going against me? She risked our marriage, our relationship to bring this disgusting man back in to your life. The same person who gave you your husband back you are asking me to forget the same person? Why? Like Dadi do you also hold her accountable for what happened to Mumma?"