49. Plans turn down

Magsimula sa umpisa

- What's up? questions Alaric, looking at the both of us.

- What time do you want to go to the Lockwood party? I question him, stopping what I am doing for a second.

- Ah. Those founders parties aren't really my thing, complains the teacher. I look at him with annoyement.

- Show up, there's going to be nine other people that brought chili, says Damon to his friend, his tone sounding like a joke. I quietly sigh before turning to the raven hair vampire.

- It's an old family recipe, okay? I correct him.

- Yeah! I know, Damon walks back around the counter to be next to me. I knew your old family. They made sucky chili, he grabs a knife and starts cutting some vegetable as well. I look up at him, looking serious for a moment until Damon flashes me one of his beautiful smile and slightly and gently pushes me with his shoulder. I laugh and push him back under the confused teacher's stare.

- Why are you here, exactly? questions Alaric, frowning confuse while waiting for an answer.

- She knows, simply answers the vampire.

- He thinks I'm going to break. I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found, I announce while going back to making the meal for the party at the Lockwood's.

- She's in denial, rectifies Damon. I look up and sigh before turning my head to look at Damon.

- I'm not in denial, I whisper back, aggrevated.

- No? Damon gets closer to me and touches my necklace, taking it between his fingers. You're still wearing this necklace. Isn't this the reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan? questions the vampire. I look down but I can feel him smiling, proud of himself to be right. I quickly glance to Alaric before restarting to cut some vegetables. Anyway, I have to go. Gillian wants me to train with her, announces the vampire before walking around the counter to go to the back door.

- Training? asks Alaric, turning around to look at Damon.

- Yeah, some Eskri.. sticky thing, the raven hair vampire vamp-speeds away letting me alone with the teacher in the kitchen.

Stefan's P.O.V.

- What the hell are you doing here? I ask to the birth mother of my daughter while I approach her. Katherine is resting her back against a street light as she was waiting for me.

- You two look chummy. Klaus your new bestie? tells and asks Katherine while smirking.

- You know, if he finds out you're in Chicago, you're dead, I remind her, smirking as well while having my hands on my hips.

- Happy to know that you still care, I roll my eyes to her comment. So tell me if I'm wrong... Rebekah's necklace that Klaus is looking for... That's the necklace that you gave to Gillian but then took it and gave it to Elena. Mmh. That is the best idea of all time. Klaus won't go after what we both love the most, I scoff and shake my head while quickly looking up.

- Goodbye, Katherine, I try to walk passed her but she stops me, getting in my way and puting her left hand on my chest.

- Hey, hey. Wait. You're up to something, tell me...

- They don't know where the necklace is. I just have to keep them from figuring it out. I have it all under control, I tell her with seriousness and sounding annoyed of her wanting to know everything and of her already knowing a lot of things. Maybe too much in my opinion...