8. Halloween party gone wrong

Gillian's P.O.V.

Dad, Uncle Damon and I are vamp-speeding to school. We have been following Vicki's tracks for days now and we finally found her. Days ago, she killed innocent kids. Of course, everyone thinks that it is an animal attack but the worst part in all this, is that they think she might have been attacked with those kids. I, sometimes, want to scream at people's face that I know what she became, but I can't. It would give consequences on our family, on our secret and mostly on our lives. The three of us arrive at the school parking lot, behind the gymnasium, which is plunged in the darkness of the night. We are watching Tyler walking towards his car and entering it. I know Vicki is here, but where? I can hear Vicki's voice not far from where I'm hiding. Tyler is talking to her. That's what makes me realized that she is already with him. Better act fast... She sounds so hurt, so scared, and so desperate. I remember when I turned into a vampire, it was hard at first to control my hungriness and my emotions but dad helped me, and Vicki is no exception. She needs help, our help. Just then, Tyler's scream echoes in the whole school parking lot.

 - Whoa! Vicki! screams scared, Tyler, while falling off his car with Vicki on top of him. What is wrong with you?! Vicki was about to lean in to bite his neck with her fangs but I grab her in time and throw her to my father's arms. Tyler stands up scared, ready to run away but Uncle Damon stops him. What's going on here, Gillian? he asks confused and scared, turning around to look at me. What's wrong with her?

- You don't talk, says, Damon, with his famous smirk plastered on his face.

- Screw you, dude, insults, Tyler, while looking at my uncle with a mad frown.

- "Dude"? Really? "Dude"? replies, Damon to Tyler, frowning madly while stepping dangerously to the boy.

- Hey, not now! I say firmly to my uncle, getting lightly between them.

- Oh come on. Who's gonna miss this idiot? Tyler, suddenly, punches my uncle in the face but I interfer between them before Damon responds to him.

- Ooh! Don't you hurt him, Uncle Damon pushes me away brutally and grabs Tyler by the throat before compelling him.

- Forget what you saw here tonight. None of us were here, he throws Tyler over the car. I look at Tyler with sad eyes before glaring at Damon with an annoyed look. My uncle shrugs and smirks before him, dad, Vicki and I vamp-speed back to the boarding house.

We return to the boarding house and wait for the day to come. None of us slept during the night, scared that Vicki would go away. We could have locked her up in the basement but I think she is traumatised enough already. No need to scared her more. The sun comes up slowly and time for school is slowly coming. Vicki is sitting in an armchair, her phone out as she calls her brother to reassure him.

- Matty?.... Yeah. I'm okay..... No. Matty, I just need some time to figure things out. Just know that I am okay, okay? Please don't worry about me, tells and warns, the new vampire to her brother. Vicki hangs up before her brother could respond to her and looks up at me. She's sad, feels bad and for what is happening to her. Uncle Damon is reading the newspaper and at the same time trying to understand why the man in the forest, Logan Fell, who shoot at my dad and I, had this compass on him. We don't find this kind of compass everywhere... Dad is sitting in front of Vicki and I am walking around with my arms fold over my chest, feeling bored. I would rather go to school than stay here. I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here. Why can't I just go home? complains, Vicki.

- Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone, I explain her as calmly as my dad would have done.

- There's nothin' about that Logan guy I killed in here. Not a word. Someone's covering it up, interrupts, Damon, frowning confused as his eyes are still reading the newspaper and while playing with the compass in his left hand.