Miss Popularity

Chapter 1

Celine’s POV

It was Saturday, and like any other Saturday, I was trying to sleep in hoping my mom won’t rip the sheets away from me. 10 more sweet minutes I said to myself, hearing the sweet pitter pattter of my mother’s flip flops. But just like every other morning, I was greeted by my overly cheery mother and a warm breakfast that you would wake up for any day.

“Honey, I know you’re awake and I really need you to wear something pretty,” she said, putting the tray down on my night stand and looking through my closet for something pretty for me to wear.

 “As you know, your father and I will be away on a business trip and I really want you to interact more with your older sister and make sure that she stays out of trouble.” A concerned look fell over her as she looked at my phone.

“Really, when are you going to stop going out with that meathead?” she said, acknowledging that Dylan was calling me.

Dylan was the hottest, best-looking, most popularist guy at school as every girl would put it. But personally, I was dating Dylan since I was in grade 8 and now that I’m going on to senior year, I feel like my mom is right. You would probably now think omg, I would love to be her going out with like the hottest guy at school , but if I’m going to be frank with you, I would never marry the kid and I don’t think I want to go to prom with him. He is every girls dream, but I guess I just woke up to realize that he’s not mine anymore. My love for him has completely vanished and I don’t know what to do anymore.

“Mom, why’d you put it like that?” I asked, frowning that she is absolutely right.

“Well, your facial expression doesn’t say you love him hun,” she said slowly coming towards me and kissing me on the forehead.  “A mother knows best!”

Well great. Basically school starts in 2 days and I have to go solo and breakup with Dylan. My summer couldn’t get any better.

I got out of bed and got dressed, hoping that I would get to avoid my thoughts with helping my mom. Guests were going to be here at any moment if she decided to pick out my clothes for me. I went to the washroom and took a nice long shower and put my bath robe on while drying my strawberry blonde hair.

*Knock, knock, knock*

“Mom, I’m almost done, I’ll be out in 10,” I lied. I still had to put on my eyeliner and clothes. Blow drying my hair some more, the door just opened and standing there was my frazzled sister, looking like she had just seen a ghost.

“Melody, what’s wrong!” I gasped, wondering what had happened. My sister’s stare couldn’t get off one particular thing and that thing was in the hallway. I put the dryer down and ran to her to see why she was so afraid. My brother was back, louder and scarier than ever with tattoos all over his body. His hands were bloody, like he had just murdered an animal and his face had a frightened look, like he was scared of himself.

“Move, get out of my way!” he said, pushing me back into my room. His bloody hand prints were now so obvious on my white silk robe. Melody ran into my room to ask if I was fine but I was just so shocked.

My brother was back.

Basically, he was about 6’2 and had dark chestnut brown hair. When he was my age, he fell in love with a girl who used him to get just about anything she wanted. She was a year older than him, with a beautiful figure that anyone would die for and long blonde hair that stopped right after her butt. She was the definition of perfection and she was also a dumb bitch that played with everyone’s emotions. One look into her beautiful green-gray eyes and you are in a trance, willing to do whatever she wants, however she wants it.

My brother was not dumb but he wasn’t smart either. He was amazingly good at football and was aiming to get a scholarship and just like every other high school love story, the jock and the head cheerleader date, so he was dating her.

One day, she asked him to drive her to the bar because her favorite band was playing. He on the other hand, didn’t have a driver’s license but he was so in love with her, he said yes. He snuck out and took one of the cars in the garage and drove her off to what he thought was the bar, but it was where her “gang” was. A guy stepped out to take the girl away and my brother punched him.

“Relax Conner, he’s just my ex, Kale,” she said, going up to Kale and making out with him. My brother then got pissed.

“You said ex. Why exactly are your tongues interacting?” he asked, anger building inside of him. Her gang took their guns out and each one of them had it pointing at my brother, Conner. His eyes grew wide as he found this was a set up. His girlfriend, Kayla, took his Audie R8 and left laughing. He ran after the car, his speed increasing until they stopped.

“What do you want,” Kale asked, laughing his head off.” My brother took a gun out and shot Kale in the head and pushed his body out of the car. Then he drove off fast and wrapped Kayla up and forceablely raped her behind and old shed, shot her about 11 times, and threw her body into the forest.

Obviously, bad move. The cops found out he was behind it and arrested him. My mother and father made it pretty clear they hated him and wanted nothing to do with him for as long as they were alive.

I was about 5 at the time and I knew nothing, but my sister was 10 and she understood what happened. She wasn’t going to see her brother in a while.

Following that incident, you’d think I would get bullied at school for what my brother did… that wasn’t the case. But for my sister, they called her all kinds of things because our brother basically killed the hottest girl this country has ever seen.

My sister had an emotional break down about 5 years ago and began to write suicide notes. I found 2 of her suicide notes and prevented them but the last one, I was almost too late. We took her to the hospital and a week later she woke up, and ever since then, I looked out for her and took my time to put her back together.

Every year since I was 5 years old, my mom would repeat the story over and over again, to remind us we had a brother and that he was just as much part of the family as we were. She also repeated that she would never forgive him after what had happened. She lost a lot of her wealthy clients, and as the years went by, gained them again. But my mother would never forgive him.

Now he is back and scarier than ever. 

I put on the clothes my mother laid out for me and skipped everything else. I ran and took Melody by the hand and rushed downstairs, hoping for mom to be there.

“Mom!” I called. “MOM!”

The nanny came out with tears rolling down her cheeks and blood all over her hands.

“Ce-Ce-Celine, se-see this for yourself,” she said, shaking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, hope you liked so far. More coming your way soon.