Chapter 5

"Miss Barajas! Miss Wynters! Tardy on the first day? Are we looking for detention already?" the middle aged teacher asked pushing her glasses back and inspecting us.

"Don't worry Mrs. Melbourne they're with me," we heard a voice comment. I turned to look at a smiling Amber sitting in the back row with her notebooks and pencils out and ready. How the hell did she get here before us???

"I see, well I guess we'll over look it this time but I expect you girls to be punctual from now on," Mrs. Melbourne let us off the hook. I released a breath I hadn't even realized I'd been holding. I looked around the room and took an empty seat between the wall and a black haired boy.

The class was going by pretty fast and soon enough the teacher handed out work sheets for us to do. If we didn't finish them in class they would be homework so I hurried in order to finish in time. It was going pretty well until the boy beside me nudged my shoulder distracting me. I ignored him and continued my work.

"Psst.."

"Psst.."

"Psst.."

"WHAT?" I yelled causing the whole class to turn and look at me. I sunk back down in my seat as the boy next to me snickered. Everyone returned to their work and I faced the boy.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to know the answer to number seven," he said.

"This is independent work, which means you do it on your own," I explained slowly.

"I know what independence means, I'm 100% 'merican," he winked and I rolled my eyes at him. I grabbed my pencil about to get back to work on my math problems when the bell rung. I groaned stuffing my worksheet in my side bag. Great I have homework on the first day of school now.

I met up with Palma for my next classes seeing that we have periods one and two together. I had periods three and four with Blaire and Lavender. I was heading out of class for lunch as I walked with Lavender.

"Hey let's check out what they have in the vending machines?" Lavender suggested.

"Yeah sure, do you have a dollar?" I asked her as we walked towards the closest vending machine.

"Yep, here you go," she handed me a dollar she fished out of her purse.

"It's a smoothie vending machine?" I said kind of questioning it. I didn't even know those existed.

"Huh cool. Can you grab me a mango smoothie?" She handed me another dollar. I punched in the numbers for a mango smoothie and a stuck the dollar in the slot. An empty cup came up and was filled from the top from a nozzle like a soda fountain. I handed it to Lavander and she took a cautious sip.

"Not bad," she shrugged her shoulders. I punched in the numbers for a strawberry banana smoothie. Once mine was ready I took a sip and shrugged my shoulders.

"They're surprisingly good," I agreed. We began walking down the hall chatting small talk. Lavender was really nice. All of the girls were actually. All of them were so pretty it was kind of intimidating at first but once you got to know them a little you got over it.

We were walking towards the cafeteria to meet up with the other girls when suddenly something hard collided with me knocking me down and sending my smoothie all over the place. I looked up to see the same black haired boy who had sat next to me in geometry.

"You!!" I hissed pointing at him accusingly.

"Look what you did! Why can't you watch where you're going? You knocked my friend to the ground!" Lavender helped me up and then crossed her arms over her chest angrily. I'm not sure if she was acting the part of a bitchy cheerleader or not but either way the boy looked sorry.