Eye lash ☽

Erin's P.O.V.

I was mad to say at least, no call back. I did everything right and the lady was sweet she told me even if I didn't get it she'd give me a call so I wasn't waiting around anxiously like I am now.

I decided to call to see for myself, I waited two weeks I think I deserve an answer. "Milinton tech, this is Margret from early educational can I help you?" I start with my name. "Ah yes erin I remember you, are you calling about the job?" She asks and I tell her yes.

"Well I'm sorry to inform you that we already have an assistant in training. Did your other teaching job let you go?" She question and I'm confused. What is she talking about?

"No, I told you a month ago they didn't chose me. What are you talking about?" I ask her and I hear her breath and flipping of pages.

"It says here I called you two weeks ago, your boyfriend or husband answered. He said you had a job. I'm so sorry for the confusion" she confesses. She didn't make a mistake, it was Calum. I know it.

I couldn't even call him because he has a meet tonight but once he gets home I'm going to give him my own beating.

He's jeopardizing my future for his own feelings. He could of moved with me or we could of tried distance. I'm even more mad than I was before thinking she just ditched me.

Im not cooking dinner for Calum in fact I'm going to take Luke up on that burger joint. Hopefully he hasn't ate yet.

I toss on my winter jacket, gloves and a hat. I climb up the stairs to Luke's floor and knock on his door.

"Hey" he answers half naked rubbing his eyes.

"Hi, I was wondering do you want to go out to eat? I'll pay" I flash my wallet and a pleading smile.

"Definitely I'm starving. I crashed after the gym. Let me get on a shirt, have a seat" he tells me opening the door. He kicks his dirty clothes around and I sit down on an empty stool.

"Do you want something to drink?" He question while tossing on a shirt, he does have a nice body. I'm allowed to look just not allowed to touch.

"Hello?" He says waving his hand in front of my face.

"Uh oh- oh no- no thank you" I mumble, he smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Do you mind walking? It's right across the street? Why pollute the environment for a two minute walk?" He says and I shrug.

"You're right makes no sense and I don't mind" I tell him honestly. He places on his long coat with a scarf and gloves.

He pulls open the door and lets me through "after you" He says and I blush. Knock it off erin! I mentally tell myself.

-

"I'm so full!" Luke groans holding his stomach. "Who's bright idea was it to walk here anyway! " he shouts and I laugh.

"Yours and I told you not to eat the whole burger!" I tell him and he pulls my arm back just when I'm about to ask why a car comes speeding past.

"Thank you" I tell him and he smiles "don't thank me, I was just doing the right thing" he tells me.

He's too sweet to not have a girlfriend, " that's what my mom says" he answers and I raise my eyebrow. "You said your thoughts out loud" with that I throw my hands over my face in embarrassment.

"Well you are! How come you don't have one?" I ask and he opens the door. "Well I did but it ended bad so I'm keeping my options open" he says and I nod.

"That's smart, I've only been with one guy" I say nodding my head towards my door to imply  Calum.

"That scared me as a kid, I didn't want to settle for one person for the rest of my life. I wanted experience then get married to the right person. You never know who you're going to meet in a few years or now " he says staring me right in the eyes.

I've seen that look plenty of times, from the first day we met and from Calum. He wants to kiss me. He lifts up his hand and presses it against my cheek his face moving closer to mine.

"I'm sorry Luke I can't" I tell him backing away "you just had an eyelash erin" that's all I heard before shutting the door behind me and sliding down it. I'm such a fool.