Ashton☽

I wake up at three in the morning crawled up in Calum arms. We are practically falling off the couch because this is definitely not a two-person layout.

My back and neck hurt from the previous position and I have school in three hours. I clean up the dishes from last night and turn off the television.

After I finish rinsing off the dishes I put them on the dry board. I decided on doing some laundry. I pick up the hamper and open the door.

I press the elevator key to the basement. Just as the door was about to close someone yells for me to stop it.

I place my hand between the door feeling a bit of anxiety thinking it was about to close on my hand.

I spot a tall mop of curls with a baby girl on his hip as he slides into the elevator. He's holding two of bags on his one shoulder and a suitcase in the same hand.

"Thank you so much," he tells me his eyes hazel. "Floor two please," he says. I nod pressing the floor button.

"She's very cute," I say acknowledging the little girl with light brown curly hair with a pacifier in her mouth and gorgeous blue eyes.

"She's one year old as of today," the stranger tells me and I smile. "Here let me help you," I tell him.

He shakes his head "no I couldn't do that besides you are busy" he tells me as the elevator doors open.

"Trust me it's no big deal, or at least give me the child," I say. He laughs sighing giving up the suitcase.

He shuffles with the key trying to place it in the knob. I take it from him digging it into the knob and opening up the door.

He places the baby on the bed, dropping the bags by the floor and I place the suitcase in his bedroom.

"You're a life saver.." he looks for my name.

"Erin and yours?" I question.

"Ashton, and her over there she's Destiny"  he explains and I smile wondering where the mom is in this picture.

"Well I must be going I have laundry and school," I tell him and he smiles.

"Well thank you again, Erin. For holding the door" I smile. "It wasn't a big deal. Have a great night or morning I suppose".

As I finish folding the clothing I place it all back in the hamper neatly. I have time to take my shower and get dressed.

Either I will be driven by Calum to school or I will easily take the bus. Yesterday I just wanted to get under Calum's skin the way he does mine and bother him about Luke taking me.

I would never though take Luke up on his offer unless I absolutely needed to. As I get back to our flat I realized I had locked myself out.

I slam my fist into the door and hear cal groan and his feet shuffling towards the door. "Who the fu-" he stops what he's about to say as he sees me.

He smiles tiredly at me "oh hello beautiful" I roll my eyes and place the basket in the room. "Can I have the car today?" I ask undressing and he watches me from the doorway.

"Of course you can, are you ready for school?" He asks as I step into the shower.

"What do you think?" I question back and he lets out a giggle.

"Aww come on Erin a few more months and you'll become a teacher. Did the school ever call you back about the substitute ?" I groan in remembrance.

"Yeah, they said they found someone more qualified. So now I'm applying to more schooling. In fact, I should be receiving a call later today. " I tell him a matter of factly shaving my leg.

"I'll be home all day so should I let it go to voicemail?" I ask and I hum.

"It shouldn't matter, but I need you to go get some more waffles from the store," I tell cal. Wrapping the towel around my body and hair.

"That store is like a block away why can't you go if you're taking the car?" I roll my eyes at his laziness.

"Come on babe. For me?" I beg to give him the puppy dog eyes and he gives in.

"Fine, only because I love you. Now I'm going back to bed. Can I have a goodnight kiss?" I peck his lips but that's not what he had in mind.

He grabs my waist pulling me more towards him and captures my lips between his I allow our lips to mold into one. I grasp his hair tangling it in my fingers.

We press our foreheads together gasping for a breath. "I love you, Erin, have fun at school"