Bad boyfriend ☽

Calum hood

As I shuffled the bags in my hand trying to get into the apartment a man comes to my rescue. He opens the door for me and I thank him.

I honestly don't know how Erin does this every other week. "Does a girl live here?" He asks and I raise my eye.

Why would he care? Did he see Erin? Does he like her? If he likes her I swear. "No, why?" I snap and he laughs pointing behind me.

"Then who's that a picture of" he ask and I notice a picture of me and Erin at our highschool graduation.

"My girlfriend, what's it to you?" I raise my eye brow. "Just wanted to thank her again for last night" he says. Last night? What the hell happened last night?

"What happened last night?" I question him placing the bags on the counter. He walks in behind me. Did I say come in?

"She just held the elevator open for me and helped me with my suitcases. I had my daughter on my hip. " he tells me and I nod.

"Where was your girl when all this was happening?" I question and his face drops "she didn't want her. She gave birth to her and then left me with all of the rights" he says. I can't imagine a woman doing that to her own child.

"I'm sorry man, if you'd like you can spend dinner with me and Erin tonight. She's cooking tonight so I hope you got a strong stomach" I tease him and he laughs.

"I'll see, thank you for the invitation " he says leaving the apartment. The phone rings and I pick it up.

"Erin Clifford? "

"She's not home right now, may I ask who's calling"

"The school she applied to in New York, should I try her cellphone or call back later?"
The woman ask, she sounds so nice. New York though? Why the hell wouldn't she apply to one down here?

"Um actually, she got a call back last week saying she was accepted elsewhere, I'm very sorry. " I lied.

"Oh well tell her to call if  it doesn't work out, have a good afternoon " and with that the woman hangs up.

Maybe I did the wrong thing but what am I supposed to do? I don't need her going to New York even if it was only for a short amount of time.

By the time I place the groceries In the cabinets and get comfortable on the couch Erin comes walking through the door.

"Hey baby" she says kissing the top of my head.  She walks over to the answering machine playing it only for it to say "you have no new messages".

"Calum did you answer the phone for the school job?" And I shake my head "no I didn't, maybe they forgot to and they'll call tomorrow " I say and turn back.

She ignores it and gets started on dinner. My heart is pounding like a mad man from my lies and I'm not even sure if I can eat with the disturbing feeling in my stomach.

"I'm going to work out, text me before dinners done. Goodbye" I kiss her on the cheek and sprint out.

"I love you" she calls out and I ignore it, I'm the worse boyfriend.