22: Fight

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE! I know it's short, and I'm sorry. But I want to make this a different chapter!

Hope you enjoy!

Many men cheer and rush at Liam, patting his back and mussing up his sweat-soaked hair. I stand off to the side, my arms crossed over my chest, and my hair hanging loosely in my face.

Once the men move onto a new bet, Liam slowly comes towards me, dousing himself with the contents of his water bottle.

Small bead of luke-warm water roll down his bare chest, and I do my best not to salivate too much over him.

"Why are you here?" He asks as he begins to unwrap his hands. "I just came to find you. I want to talk. When you weren't at school, it scared me-"

"You do know that you should be scared right now?" He takes a step closer to me, his warmth emanating around me.

"And why is that?" "You're at an underground fight club. There are creeps here. What if I wasn't here? Hmm? What would you've done?"

I shrug, "I don't know. Good thing you're here to protect me."

He sighs, then runs his bruised fingers through his sweaty hair. "Did anyone touch you?" He lightly grips my arm, then looks me up and down, as if inspecting me for bruises.

"One guy grabbed my butt, but I told him that you're my boyfriend and you'd beat him up. He ran away pretty quickly," I chuckle lightly, trying to ease the tension manifesting in Liam's stance.

"Where is he?" His hand drops from my arm, and his fists immediately clench. "What?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Where. Is. He?" He almost spits, his tone implying that he's not in the mood for games. "Liam it's fine-"

"No, its not. We may be fighting right now, but you're still mine, and I'm going to go kill that imbecile for touching what's mine," He emphasizes the word 'mine' very clearly.

"Um, I think he's at the bidding table," My voice lowers, and I glance nervously at the ground.

His eyes find the bidding table, and he points to the man first in line, "Him?" I take a quick glimpse, spotting the same man at the front of the line.

"Yes," It's almost a whisper, and he squeezes the junction between my shoulder and neck.

"Stay here, and don't talk to anyone. I'll be right back," He then leaves me standing by myself. I only watch for a moment.

Enough to see Liam push the man out of line and begin to tell him off. As soon as I look away, I hear the familiar crack of a breaking bone and a yelp of pain from the man under scrutiny.

"Bonjour, de toute beauté," The other fighter, the one Liam pummeled, greets me with a French accent. I only slightly turn to say, "Bonjour," back. It's a good thing I know French.

"What's a goddess like you doing here, at the Wraith?" He scoots closer, and I take a noticeable step away.

"The one who beat you- I'm his girlfriend." "Ah," He clicks his tongue, "you belong to Liam!" I snort, "I don't belong to him. I'm not his pet."

"Would you be interested in being mine?" He slides closer, and I move a couple of feet away.

"Get away from me, you sick pervert," I spit harshly, hoping Liam would come and save me any minute now. He merely laughs, then shakes his head,