Chap Fifteen: Monster Truck.

Start from the beginning

Neal was about to say something when I heard the honk and then I realized we were in that wretched truck and he was looking at ME and NOT the road!

"Keep your eyes on the road, Neal!" I all but shouted and let go off his hand.

"So much for being nice." He grumbled and I took in a deep breath.

"Look, I don't want you to be nice! We could crash and you wouldn't even get a piece of my bo ... WHAAAAAAA! AAAAAAA! AAAAAAA!!!" A scream burst out of me when a hand sneaked in from the window.

"Geez, girl. Chillax! I'm just giving you and Neal a beer!" Joey shouted from the back.

"JOEY! Kill me! Just freaking kill me!" I shouted back and hit his hand.

"OUCH!" Hard. Ha.

My heart was literally in my throat. This couldn't get worse.

I swear.

Breathe, Summer. Breathe. Twilight and lovely landscapes awaits you.

"You really are one hell of a load, missy. If you shout next to me once again, I wouldn't be able to hear shit for the rest of my life." Neal said and then he increased the volume of the song playing in his frigging jeep.

Me, on the other hand slumped back on the seat and tried to relax.

I picked up the can of beer that Jeoy had given me a heart-attack with and took two long sips.

"Careful with that stuff. I don't want you puking all over my jeep." Neal said and I gave him a sour look.

"Just shut up and drive." I snapped and Neal shrugged.

It took us three more hours and hundreds of snappy remarks to finally reach the camping site. Yes, I was the first one to jump out of the wretched truck.

"Stiff?" Neal asked when he saw me twitching.

"My bottom is." I muttered half-saying it to myself and Neal laughed.

"As soon as you get in a room I'll rub it for you." Neal said and then he winked.

Neal rubbing my bottom. Oh, wow.

I blushed at the image and shoved Neal away.

"Perverted alien." I snapped and he bowed his head.

"Whatever you say, ma'am." And then he, Joey, Eric and Nick took all the bags while me, Alexis and Lisa were left behind empty-handed.

"Eric is so cute." Lisa said with stars in her eyes.

"God, Lisa. Get a grip on yourself." Alexis said and then she hooked one arm through mine and then other one through Lisa's and we made our way in the bunk house the guy's had reserved for us all.

"Something is terribly wrong here." She muttered and then she made her way to the guys.

"What the heck did you guys do?" She demanded and for the first time in my life I saw him go pink.

"Um, there's been a mistake. We only have three rooms in this bunk house." Neal said and then he looked at Eric uneasily.

"So that means we will have to share." Lisa said and then she smiled! She smiled!

"Eric and me." She whispered in my ear and my eyes widened when she winked at Eric!

"Yes. There's only one room that is big enough for three so Joey, me and one of the girls can come with us." Nick said and Alexis smiled, too.

Oh, God. I knew she would jump at this chance. She had goo-goo eyes for Nick.

"I'll come with you." Alexis said hurriedly and then Neal looked at me.

"Guess, you're stuck with me." Neal said. I was shut.

What the hell! I would go crazy if I had to share the room with him.

All the guys started getting their stuff to their rooms while Neal stayed back looking at me.

"Fate?" He asked softly.

That's all it took for my heart to go bonkers over him, again!

"No, I ... uh, I'll take the floor." I said and then picked up my bag and rushed to the room.

"Oh, wow." I whispered when I saw the room. It was really small. And the only big thing in there was the bed.

It was huge. King-Size. Satin sheets. Twilight. Neal and me. Alone. Very very alone.

"I don't think you'll need to do that. The bed's big enough for two." Neal said and I whirled around almost banging into him.

His hands on my arms steadied me but I jerked myself out of his hold.

"If you think I'm sleeping with you in the same bed then you can think again." I snapped at him and his eyes smoldered.

"I'm not gonna jump at you, Summer." He said but I shook my head.

I might jump on you, jerk!!

"No way. I'll be okay on the floor." I insisted.

"Don't be stupid. The floor's really hard you'll be uncomfortable."

"I don't care!" I snapped again and this time Neal came towards me.

"What are you afraid of?" He demanded and I gulped.

YOU!

"Nothing. I just don't wanna share a bed with you." I said, blushing and Neal sighed.

"Like, I said. I'm not a sex-maniac." He snapped. He was irritated, I could tell.

"Just shut-up, Neal! I just don't wanna sleep with you." I said and Neal took the final step that separated us.

"You are scared. And you won't believe me when I saw I won't jump at you until I do something. So, here it is." He said and then before I could step back, Neal's lips crashed over mine.

His arms pulled me in and his mouth made love to mine.

"God, Summer. You drive me crazy." He groaned against my mouth while I hyperventilated.

This is what I was afraid of! But God, not anymore.

I did the most wanton thing and pulled his head back to mine again.

We kissed the world away and wasn't aware of a single thing until both of us heard Eric yell.

"Summer." Neal whispered but I pushed him away.

"Oh, my God." I muttered! I couldn't believe I just did that!

"Come on!" Eric shouted again and Neal yelled back.

"We'd better go." Neal said and then he walked out of the door.

Leaving me starstruck.