Chapter 3 - Baby in a Trenchcoat

Start from the beginning

"Oh sorry nerd. Am I just a stupid jock getting in your way?" I snarled harshly.

"No-" he started saying but was cut off by Crowley pushing past him.

"Watch it faggot." Crowley laughed. "Oh you look upset! What's up your ass? Oh wait, I don't want to know that!" Him and all his friends started laughing their heads off and I looked at them with my head tilted slightly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked the guys.

"Oh Dean, you really shouldn't stand here talking to Castiel. You might catch his desease!"

"Wait what desease?" I asked

"Little Cassie is gay Dean." One of Crowleys friends snorted.

"How is that a decease?" Suddenly all the laughter stopped and everyone looked at me. They didn't know what to do with themselves or how to answer and gradually started to file away from us. I was still looking after them and then looked back to Castiel, my eyes still burrowed in confusion. Castiel was looking at me with shock etched across his face.

"Why did you do that?" Castiel asked.

"Do what? All I did was asked how homosexuality was a decease..."

"You stuck up for me."

"No I didnt, I was just asking a question." I was never taught that homosexuality was wrong and I didn't agree with people saying that it was a decease or gross.

"But you asked them how being gay was a decease?" Castiel looked up at me with big eyes like he was shy of something.

"Yeah, because it's not. You can't catch it. You either are or you aren't, it isn't sick or twisted. It is what it is." After my small rant I stood on the spot staring at the small boy in front of my who was looking up at me innocently with those big blue eyes.

"Thank you." He stated simply.

"Like I said, I didn't do it for you."

"Not for that, for what you just said. It's been a long time since anyone other then my family have accepted me like that" I looked at him sadly and nodded.

"It's ok."

"To apologise for what I said earlier, I was wondering of you would like to come round to mine after school and have dinner." Cad said shyly twisting his foot on the ground looking like he was more interested in the floor then he was in this conversation.

"I can't, I have my little brother to take home..."

"He can come too!" Cas said quickly and.. Hold on, Cas? Great I've now nicknamed the little dweeb.

"Alright cool." I said nodding my head then turning away from him and walking to my next class.

***

"Hey again." I smiled at Zandriel who turned and grinned back.

"Alright Deano!" She smiled back. "What you doing after school?"

"I'm at this guys house who has invited me over to apologise or whatever..." I shrugged

"Okay then..." She laughed. "God that sounds like something my brother would do. Invite someone to their house just to apologise."

"Yeah well" I say shrugging, "poor guy didn't know what to do with himself so I figured if accept his apology and get free food out of it as well"

"What did this guy do to you?"

"Called me a dumb jock."

"Is that it!" Zandriel laughed loudly "but you are!" I looked at her with feigned hurt glinting in my eyes and this just made her laugh harder.