"No way." Kingston argued. "First of all, that's the cheesiest theme that has ever existed and second, we're not using leftover decorations from another prom."

Danielle and Patricia, the other two student council members, exchanged an irritated look with each other but neither Kingston nor Bennett noticed. I didn't blame them, I wouldn't want to get in the middle of this either.

"If we reuse some decorations, we can reduce the cost by hundreds of dollars—"

"But at what expense? Half-assed decorations and a lame theme we do every other year? Do you really think that's what our class wants for their prom—"

Bennett gave him an icy stare, "Instead of wasting our whole budget on new decorations, we can pool the money into other resources like better food or a better DJ."

"This is why a Capricorn should never be in charge of anything. They never want to do anything fun." Kingston scoffed.

"We should put it to a vote," Danielle cut in and they turned their heads to look at her, as if they'd just realized we were still here.

"All in favor of 'Starry Night'," Bennett raised his hand. Patricia and one of Bennett's followers backed him up.

"All in favor of another theme," Kingston announced and Noah and I raised our hands. We all looked at Danielle, who hadn't raised her hand.

"I kind of want to hear what the other theme would be."

"It would be called 'Ready to Glow' and we'd have a disco ball, strobe lights, glow sticks, and basically glow in the dark everything," Kingston explained, "It'll be something fun and different, something that everyone will be talking about."

"Do you know how much that would cost? Our budget is less than a hundred thousand, you know," Bennett sneered.

"It wouldn't cost a hundred thousand."

"My answer is still no."

"It's not up to you now is it?"

They continued to stare each other down until Danielle spoke up again, "I think we should spend a day to think about it."

"Take all the time you need, I already made my decision," Bennett replied unhelpfully, "Now, onto the second item on our list."

»» ─────── ─────── ««

Sky was at the counter making a strawberry açai refresher and chai latte when we arrived at Bean There, Done That. There were a lot of teenagers getting coffee for a Sunday morning.

"How was it?" She asked as the three of us sat down at the counter.

"Interesting." Noah said.

"Boring," I stuck out my tongue and turned to Kingston, "I thought you and Bennett were going to kill each other."

"Now do you see what I have to deal with?" He gave Sky a twenty dollar bill, which would cover our lunch.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"Prom except we couldn't even agree on a theme." If this was what politics was like why would anyone want to do it?

"Wait a second—" Sky turned to her recently hired coworker, "Ry, you don't put steamed milk in a macchiato." He stopped pouring and pulled out a new cup.