chapter 13 - Stop the carriage!!

Natsu’s POV

A sister.

Seriously? Was all of this true?

Should I believe all of this?

Of course  a voice inside of me thought.

It was right. All this time I had felt something. Something familiar.

Something about her, maybe her scent, her behaviour….something reminded me of someone. And I now knew who that was as well.

Igneel.

I had left, because I couldn’t handle this at the moment. The fact that I had a little sister so sudden...that I had family...it was too much for me.

I had climbed on top of the carriage and bumped up and down every time while we were driving to the police.

Wait...

The police...

.

.

OH MY GOD THE POLICE!!!

They would take her!

OH MY GOD I FORGOT SOMETHING ELSE!!

I immediately jumped in the back again.

“Why were you so scared of the client?” I asked her.

“KYAAAAA WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM!?!” She screamed at me.

I grinned.

“Calm down, I come from upstairs.” I said, pointing up.

She looked at the roof of the carriage, puzzled.

“But, hey, why were you so scared?” I asked.

Her face became really sad and scared. I saw a lot of sadness on her face.

“The client, he...he’s going to use my powers. He’ll resurrect a lot of demons. We are all going to die!” She yelled.

“Oi, Flame Brain, what’s happening?” Gray yelled. I heard him standing up and going to the back.

When he came in he looked at Emily questioningly.

“What happened here? Why is she crying?”

“Ehh…ehh…” I couldn’t find the right words.

“Ehh…Emily, do you want to tell Gray what you’ve just told me?” I asked her as sweet as possible.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

“He won’t believe me anyway!” She yelled.

“What won’t I believe?” Gray asked.

“That she’s my sister.” I flopped out.

Gray looked at me with open mouth and wide open eyes.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!!!”

I looked at the ground.

“Whoeps...” I whispered.

I looked at Emily and shrugged.

After that I told Gray the whole story.

“Natsu, do you know for sure she isn’t lying to escape all this?”

Emily wanted to open her mouth and scream at him, but I was faster.

“Yes, I know it for sure. She looked so familiar. And now I know for sure.”  

“No one’s going to believe you. The fact that I believe you is already a miracle.”

“What’s there not to believe? Look at her! No one can fake cry as good as that!” I said. Gray gave me a knowing look.

“Okay, that’s possible, but someone who smells this familiar isn’t an imposter. She’s my sister.” I said.

I think that my determination was everywhere.

Gray looked at me, still hesitating. But he eventually nodded.

After I had told Gray everything we left Emily for a moment. She herself needed some time to process this too.

She suddenly had a brother! That’s hard to process...

“Gray, will Erza believe us?” I asked.

Gray shrugged. We both didn’t know what Erza would say. Especially because Erza was the person who took all of her missions very serious. If they didn’t go well she would always think it was a disgrace to our guild.

But this mission was very special to her, because she had been chosen by Master Makarov.

“Erza, stop the carriage, we have to talk!” I yelled at Erza.

She turned around from her spot in front of the carriage. She looked really frustrated.

“What are you saying, you can just-”

She immediately stopped, because she had, when she turned around, looked me in the eyes.

And I knew for sure that she had seen the determination in my eyes.

She was quiet, looked confused at first, but then was serious again.

“Okey, I’ll stop the carriage. But you’ll need to have something really important to tell me.” She said, squeezing her eyes.

I nodded as fast as I could.

“HAI!”

“AAAHHHHH, Natsu, she’s even scarier than Lucy!” Happy screamed.

He put up a fake scary face for fun and hid behind a bag.

He shouldn’t have done that, because he got hit by Lucy AND Erza.

I had to laugh about it. Silly Happy.

When the carriage stopped we all came out and Lucy was standing with Emily to guard her.

“Well, Salamander, tell us what you have to say.” Gajeel said. He sat on the ground and tried to look interested. I just knew he wasn’t.

I wanted to snarl at him to shut his mouth, but turned to Erza and started the story.