The Assistant Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Jenna! Get out of here!" He warmed her. "I'm trying to save you! Those are going to explode!" Peter screamed at the Vulture.

With that, Jenna began to run. Unfortunately, she only made it a few steps before a huge blast knocked her into the air and face first into the sand. She was barely conscious, her entire body hurt and all she could do was cough weakly as smoke from the growing fires around her filled her lungs. Tears ran down her cheeks as she glanced at the flames that has consumed Peter and the Vulture. She let her head fall back into the sand and waited for the darkness to overcome her again, but it never came. She felt herself being dragged and when she opened her eyes she saw Peter above her, his arms wrapped under hers as he pulled her away from her impending doom. He dropped her on a patch of sand that was far enough away from any fire or other dangers. Peter turned to go back into the fire, knowing he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he let Liz's father die, when he felt a hand grab his.

He turned around and saw Jenna's pleading eyes. "Please Peter. You don't have to go back in there." She begged as tears ran down her beautiful face.

"I'm sorry." Was all Peter could say as he took his hand from Jenna's and ran back into the fire.

Jenna watched as he ran back into the fire, her panic and injuries consuming her, making everything go black for the second time that night.

Peter on the other hand, was fighting against the flames and trying not to choke as he attempted to save the Vulture. He found him laying in the destruction, covered in debris. Peter groaned in pain as he dragged the Vulture to safety. He webbed him up to a pole before crawling over to Jenna. She was barely conscious, but she was going to be okay.

Peter had won, but he felt defeated. He let Jenna get hurt, Liz wasn't going to have her father around anymore and Peter's secret identity was out to his crush. He wasn't in the mood to explain his alter ego to Jenna when she came to so once he knew she was going to be fine, he swung to a tall structure near the beach and kept an eye on her from above.

When Jenna opened her eyes, she scrambled to her feet even though she was in pain as she took in the sight around her. The Vulture was out cold, completely webbed up with a note for the police that said

"He's all yours - Spiderman".

"Jenna!" A voice called from behind her. Jenna turned around and saw Tony Stark in his full Iron Man suit, running down the beach with Happy. With all of the strength she had left, she ran as fast as she could towards Tony, who doubled as her boss and father figure in life. She ran into his arms and they embraced in a much- needed hug. It was in that moment Jenna knew she was safe, she was okay and it was okay for her to not be strong. She let herself melt into Tony's hug as she sobbed against his chest and he held her protectively.

Peter watched all of this from above and once he realized that Jenna was okay, he swung home, trying to figure out what he was going to say to Jenna the next time he saw her.

He got into bed and checked the unread message on his phone.

'You did good today. - T.S.'

Peter felt his heart swell and he let himself drift off into a much needed sleep.

-

The next day he walked into school, Ned immediately running up to him while he opened his locker.

"Dude! What the fuck happened last night!?" Ned whisper yelled from beside him.

"Ned... I don't even know where to begin. The Vulture is Liz's dad. He tried to kill me and Jenna and then Jenna saw me without my mask." He explains as Ned's jaw drops at his friend's words.