Can't Save Everyone

*Prompt - You can't save everyone*

Peter was not in a good mood.

It was the anniversary of his Uncle's death and he couldn't help but let the guilt consume him today. It still haunted him, the fact that he could've done something to stop the robbery that killed his Uncle.

He was wrapped in Jenna's arms, her attempt to comfort him on a rough day like today. She knew he was Spiderman, he told her the truth a month ago, knowing he could trust her. She knew Peter couldn't have done anything about his uncle's death and she reminds him every time that he can't always save everyone and that's okay.

They were laying on the couch, waiting for May to come back with the ingredients for tonight's dinner.

"May said she would be back like twenty minutes ago... do you want to take a walk there and see if she needs help carrying anything?" Peter asked the girl. She nodded immediately and untangled her arms from him and they stood from the couch. She slipped on her shoes and planted a kiss on Peter's lips before they intertwined their hands and headed on to the street. They were just a foot away from the grocery store when Peter's spider senses began tingling.

"Something's happening." Peter whispered, his hand squeezing Jenna's. He searched for any sign of danger along the street.

That's when Inferno, one of Peter's latest enemies sent a ball of fire their way, he pushed himself and Jenna onto the ground and they raced towards an alley so Peter could change into his suit while Jenna kept look out. He began to change faster when he heard her let out as a gasp as Inferno set the grocery store on fire.

And May was still inside.

They ran down the street towards the store but Peter suddenly stopped, grabbing Jenna so she was facing him.

"Get out of here." He ordered, looking into her eyes.

"Be careful." She said, trusting his instincts. She pulled him in for a kiss before he ran towards the fire.

She watched him disappear into the burning building and as badly as she wanted to wait in her spot for this all to be over she knew Peter was right and that she would be safer at home.

She began to run home when all of a sudden she was yanked backwards into the arms of Inferno. "Hello." He said menacingly, before dragging Jenna to the spot directly across the street from the grocery store. Peter didn't notice his girlfriend in harm's way as he focused on carrying out the victims of the fire and finding May.

A few minutes later, Peter was exhausted.

There were two more people left in the building, one of them being Aunt May.
He ran in, finally finding here near the dairy aisle as she attempted to help an older woman who was injured.

"Spiderman! She's hurt! Take her first!" She shouted before coughing.

Peter hesitated, wanted to save his aunt first, but he knew she was right.