025 | don't be weird

Waiting for the keys to my car at the airport, I tried to keep myself strong

Waiting for the keys to my car at the airport, I tried to keep myself strong. I have just gotten off the plane from the Dominican, without my brother or Letty.

This wasn't how I thought it would be, I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't expect them to abandon me in a foreign country just to keep me out of the police spotlight.

"Miss... Miss Toretto" I lift my head to see a large, sweating man holding my keys, looking like he wanted to say something. "Can I just say we took the best care of your car Miss. Toretto" I nodded, confused, and took the keys from him with a straight face.

"It.. it was a pleasure doing business Miss Toretto" My brain finally clicked, and I realized why he kept saying my name like that. He knew who I was. He'd obviously seen my races or at least was following my family's legacy.

The heavy blush and stutter made his liking of me obvious, as well as the car merch on the desk behind him.

Picking up my bag, I pointed at the man as he looked at me like a fangirl. "Don't be weird" The guy let out a nervous laugh and a slight 'squee' noise as I backed away from him slowly.

This wasn't the first time I had a guy (or a girl) fawn over me after realizing who I was.

Now I knew why Dom always relished being one of the best street racers. The instant respect you get from people is crazy, but then again, I understand why Letty hated it so much; people tend to throw themselves at you too.

Getting into my car, I sighed at the familiar comfort, but it didn't stop me from feeling like a failure.

Dom shouldn't have to keep running, but I understood he would have to. My brother wasn't going back to prison, so because of that, he would keep running to places with no extradition laws.

I was stupid to think I'd be able to get him home with no plan.

Picking up my phone, I dialed the number to the one person I never thought I would have to speak to again and never really wanted to, but this was for my brother, to help my family.

"It's Rosalie Toretto. We need to meet up. Now,".

:::

Pulling up to a small cafe, I parked my car and got out, frowning when I saw a formal car parked next to mine not long after, but I didn't think anything of it.

"Rosalie?" I looked up, hearing someone call my name, and frowned, seeing Brian in a suit. "Wow, you look all grown up" I continued to stare at Brian as he sighed awkwardly and stopped talking.

"If you weren't a cop, Brian, I would beat seven shades of shit out of you. If that is your real name," I added with a hiss as the blond man in front of me ran his hand through his hair.

"It is sort of. My name is Brian O'Connor" I just laughed and nodded, clicking my tongue. "I really didn't want it to go down the way it did," He said, making me glare at him.