007 | where am i?

I first noticed being in a bed covered in bandages and wires

I first noticed being in a bed covered in bandages and wires. The second thing I noticed was I was completely alone except for my heartbeat beeping on the monitor next to me.

Sitting up slowly, I lifted my arm to keep the sun out of my eyes, only to see the cast wrapped around it. I slowly began to realize I wasn't at home.

I started to panic. I looked around the room, wondering where everyone was, before screaming "DOM!".

Suddenly the door burst open, and the worried figure of my brother rushed through the door.

"Rosalie!" Dom calls as he pulls my crying body into his arms and strokes my head softly, obviously trying not to hurt me "shh, I'm here," Dom whispers gently as I continue to sob.

"What happened? Where am I?" I asked my older brother as my tears began to dry up. My confusion was overtaking all of my senses.

Dom held my hand and sat on the edge of the bed, looking very guilty. I haven't seen him with that look since he got put in Lompoc Prison.

"You collapsed," Dom told me, explaining how my getting knocked over by the exploding NOS had given me a concussion, although I doubt Dom told the doctor that.

"It's not your fault," I tell him as he sighs and puts his head in his hands. I knew that's what he needed to hear right now, Dom was all about family, and I knew it would kill him if he ever thought I hated him.

Dom pressed his forehead against mine gently as a knock at the door sounded out. "I love you," Dom whispered in my ear before he turned, letting me see who had walked in.

"Hello, Miss Toretto, I'm Doctor Hanson," The plump dark-skinned doctor said, giving me a gentle smile. She seemed nice, but the stoic figure of my brother told me he wasn't feeling very friendly around her.

"Hi," I said back, trying not to play with the bandage on my head as she gave me a knowing smile. My fingers twitched as I tried not to scratch at the dressing.

"Don't worry, it won't itch forever," she said with a rough laugh as she took my vital signs. I give a small laugh as she smiles widely at me. "You had a few stitches in your head, which can sometimes feel itchy."

"I had stitches? Will it leave a scar?" I question as Dom continues to stand guard, making me wonder what had happened since I'd been unconscious.

"Only a faint one, as long as you don't irritate the wound. So that means no itching or tearing the stitches," The dark-skinned woman joked, moving my hand away as I giggled.

"So am I alright? Can I go home?" I ask Dr. Hanson, who looks over Dom before glancing at her chart almost accusingly.

"Well, all your test has come back," Dr. Hanson says, sitting on the edge of my bed as my brother lets out an annoyed sigh. The woman ignores him as she continues to face me.