Chapter 27

Mal sat in the dark room before the incident of Negan ordering his men to drag her back here. She sat there, seeing the dark only. She hates how Negan doesn't understand her tactics. She's doing for what is right. Sure, it's actually vengeance, she won't lie that she simply enjoyed it, however, you kill to protect people and yourself.

The doors opens, Negan stood with a monotone face, eyes in fury and poised in a threatening structure, and Ellie is on his shoulder as he is ready to take a swing. "You stupid kid. You really fucking cross the line Mal." He grips Ellie, letting his arm loose and twirls the bat around. "I could kill you right now. But I'm a Savior so you're going to the Eleven Town, Fairview. Investigate on some business in there, rumors are spread on the KillGames being reopened and Bounty Hunter involved are in town. Your friends and the kids can come with you, but you will not and ever come back to the Sanctuary or you'll wish I'd killed you the first day we met."

Mal wanted to boil in her anger, she increased her pacing in an attempt to stop herself taking it out on Negan. "Are you kidding me? I did it for-"

"Bullshit! It's not how our community works. You always make your own plan and ideas of what our system should be. It doesn't work like that."

"Oh yeah cos that would've helped so much." Mal said sarcastically, standing up to Negan.

"Why are you gettin' pissy with me?" Negan was getting just as angry with him, his voice getting louder in the room.

"I'm not pissy maybe I'm just sick of you babying me."

"I'm not babying you." Negan spat out.

"Yes you are. I can handle jobs. I've been in the same pace as you. I try to do everything for Sanctuary. For what's right for the community. I'm put so much for you and the others." She shouted at him, she'd stopped pacing, now the two of them were standing opposite one another. Electricity sparked between them as they let their anger out on each other.

"Oh yeah cos that's been workin' so well for you."

Mal flinched back like she'd been slapped, she steeled herself under Negan's anger, not willing to be the one to back down. She needed this, the release.

"You don't get to fucking say that to me. I've been dealing with this shit for years. I'm the one that's had to put up with Charlie's groping hands, and seedy comments. I'm the one that had to deal with being whipped every time I dared to say something out of line. I'm the one who has to be the one to take care of the group while I had to bend over whenever he fucking wanted me to. So you don't get a say in it, you don't get to decide how I handle this shit."

"I'm not trying to decide anything for you Mal but you can't fucking expect me to let you make the rules. This is what a community does, and you better fuckin' grow up now." He gritted out, trying to get a grip on his own anger, slamming Ellie above her head to the wall, and she didn't flinch. She wanted to hurt him, punish Negan for not stepping up more, for not being the guy he is from what she had seen.

"I thought I did know about you but maybe I was wrong."

"Yeah well I know I was wrong about you, at least I've never hidden shit from you." That was one step too far. Negan knew it before he'd even let the words fall from his mouth. The hurt look on Mal's face was enough to stop himself saying anything else. They both stood panting in the room, both realizing that they'd let this get too far. Negan watched the hurt look melt into guilt on Mal's face before she turned sharply said to Negan.

"Fuck you, Negan. Fuck you."

And she turned sharply and stormed off to her room.

-:-:-:-:-