When Impressions Fail

A secret revealed...

"Someone out there knows who I am." Peter's eyes were wide with panic as he looked at the adults. "Someone knows me."

"Could it be Mr. Toomes?"

"Peter, did you really show yourself to the enemy?" Nat asked with a frown.

"No...!"

An enhanced teenager sneaking out...

"Hey, Friday?" He quietly started, staring up at the ceiling.

"Yes, Peter?"

"You're under orders to tell Mr. Stark everything that I do while I'm here, right?"

"That's correct."

"Could you delay a piece of information to him for... an hour?"

It was silent for a while, Peter almost afraid that the AI was ratting him out before she spoke again. "Yes, but I will tell him if he asks."

Peter grinned as he shot out of bed, quickly putting his suit on. "Thanks, Friday!"

A mistake that would cost not only him, but the team.

It happened so fast, Peter didn't even have time to react.

The brightest spotlight ever was suddenly shining in Peter's eyes, a high pitch squealing sound assaulting his ears. He let go of the web he was holding and curled himself into a ball in midair, his body soon hitting the ground with a loud thump. He couldn't do anything but cry out in pain as his heart hammered in his chest, hands grabbing him and dragging him somewhere.

Maybe he should have listened to the adults a bit more...

~*~*~

"Damn it, Peter!" Tony stood up, calling his suit to him. "Alert the others! Get everyone suited up and in that town as soon as possible!"

Each member of the team blamed themselves for one thing or another, whether not noticing Peter's growing need for the outside world or not teaching him enough about self-defense. Each one believed that if they had done one little thing differently, Peter would still be there.

Now a face from the long forgotten past resurfaces...

"Wait..." Clint stepped closer, his eyes narrowing at the screen. "That's the boss."

"How do you know?" Scott asked, staring at the fuzzy image.

"Because I know him."

~*~*~

"I said stop!" Peter's fist slammed against the glass, a spider web of cracks forming. The man only smirked more.

"You have your mother's temper. God, she was a woman that could strike fear into anyone. You've got your eyes from her as well, but your looks are all from your dad. You look so much like Richard, it makes me sick..."

The team must save Peter before it's too late...

As Peter gave in to his tired body, he faintly heard a voice whispering to him. He wanted to wake up and listen closer, but his body wouldn't obey him.

"You're mine now, Peter."

~*~*~

"Geez, this isn't creepy at all..." Scott muttered.

"Peter...?" Tony moved to the front of the group, Steve nodding.

"It seems so."

And their boy is gone for good.

"Peter!" Sam grunted as his head hit the wall, "Snap out of it already! What is wrong with you?"

His only response was to lift the large tank and throw it at Sam, the man groaning as his body slackened for a second in aggravation before bracing for impact.

When Impressions Fail
by Karmitara

.

.

.

"This is just like Algeria!" Clint said with a laugh, sending an arrow flying out into the sea of bad guys around them.

Nat paused, looking back at him before shootinganother person, "You and I remember Algeria very differently."

—————

IMPORTANT A/N: I said so in the A/N of the last chapter, but no one read it apparently and keeps messaging me about the next book. Yes, the sequel is posted now. You can find it on my page. It is titled When Impressions Fail.

In short....

YES, THE NEXT BOOK IS OUT ALREADY. STOP ASKING ABOUT IT AND READ THE AUTHOR NOTES.