Chapter 9

I woke up to the sound of a text message near me.
I grabbed my phone and was temporarily blinded by the light.
I see a text from Kirishima.

"Sorry it's too early; I just wanted to tell you I'm glad you're safe. Midoriya told us you were :) "

I texted back. My lips become chapped. It was 6:30 pm, after all.

"I appreciate the concern Kirishima, Thank you," I press sent and got up from bed, walking to the bathroom. I stepped into the shower, my toes curling at the touch of the floor.

—Of Lies"—

I turned the dial, metallic and old. Warm drops of water hit my hair. As the water pours, darkening my hair, dripping by my side, my mind fades into something foggy. The sensation of the water calmed me. I look straight to the floor, my hair covering my hearing as the water dropped to the floor. The heat soaked my skin, my legs beginning to threateningly buckle at the thought of everything that was going on.

I won't let them take what's mine...

My lips parted as I inhaled deeply. My mind swirls around the voice. His voice.

--------

"Goodmorning Y/n!" Izuku said happily.

I got startled at his voice, dropping the butter knife to the floor. I bent down to pick it up ;
"Goodmorning, Izuku."

I place it inside the sink. Washing the rest of the dishes before school but see Izuku stand next to me.
I turn to see him smiling at me.

"Yes?"

"You wanna hang out with my friends and me after school? It'll be fun!"

I turned back to wash the last fork and dry my hands.
"No, thank you."

I turn around and see him in front of me.
"Please give me a reason why Y/n."

"I don't like your friends."

"PFFTTTT!"

I swing my bag around my shoulder, but Izuku ran next to me.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that!"

Damn it.
"Izuku, I don't have time -" A clear lie.

"There's plenty!"
He stood there, wanting me to make eye contact. I sweatdropped, biting my lip. He touched my forehead with him, grinning, causing me to move back.
"I-"

"You're going, and we're going to Wookiees! "

"But -"

"See you at 3!"

With that, he ran out of the door. I lowered my eyebrow, feeling nervous and worried about what's to come.

———

After school, I took the bus home, hanging on to a poll on the way while listening to music. As many people shuffled against me to get past, there was never a time where I ride the bus and creeps wouldn't stare at me. Even the handsome ones become a threat.
As the bus stopped at my stop, I shoved my way through and waited for the bus to leave before I walk into my apartment establishment. I walk into my room, catching time.
2:30 pm.

I looked at myself in the mirror, knowing I looked cute in (Pick any outfit) But I'm not going to impress anyone, that's for sure

But I'm not going to impress anyone, that's for sure. With that, I walked my way to the mall, hearing music on the way there, my steps matching with the beat of the music.
I smiled at that.

"There she is! " Hagakura pointed, excitement filling the invisible girl.

"Hagakura...we can't see where you are pointing...."
I jog up to them, placing a fake smile for them.

"Hey, guys!" I said, putting on a fake grin. I stand in front of them. Yaoyorozu came up to me admiring my outfit choice.
"I love your outfit today Y/n! Very cute, in my opinion!" She exclaimed as all the other girls seemed to nod in agreement.

"Where should we go first?" Izuku asked, but my arm gets pulled by Uraraka and Yaoyorozu, along with Ashido.
"We're going shopping with Y/n! You guys can go-"

My arm gets yanked by Kaminari, shooting glares at the girls.
"We wanna hang out with Y/n!"

"No, I don't."

"SHUT UP, BAKUGO!"
Suddenly everyone fell silent, and Bakugo was fuming from his ears.
"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY-"

I pull myself away and quickly place my hand on his mouth. He was surprised, but I looked into his eyes.
I didn't want to hear his loudest growls today. I didn't want to be here in the first place.
I removed my hand, Bakugo's cheeks spread a shade of dark pink, and I knew why.
I turned around to see everyone's blank faces except for Tsuyu, who was licking a lollipop minding her business.

"I'll hang out with the girls for now, and after lunch, I can accompany the guys. How does that sound?"

"Sounds Great! Let's go Y/n!"
Ashido exclaimed as she grabbed me by the arm, dragging me into the huge group of girls who hugged me as they ran to the escalator.

——
"Y/n? How do we look in these?"

My train of thought was dead once Kyouka passed me her phone to take a picture of Momo and her hugging each other.

"You two are amazing friends!"

I nodded in agreement. I wish I had a friendship like them.

"Send it to me!"
Momo said to me, hugging me by the shoulders as I blushed. While I was doing Kyouka the favor of sending the picture to Momo, Momo came close to my ear and smiled.

"Hey, Y/n?"

"Yeah?" I couldn't help but feel similar to baked onion from how close she was to me.

"Can you give positive and negative away energies with your quirk?" Her question caught me by surprise. I turned to her to see her clearly interested. I wasn't sure what she was talking about. I could easily sense someone's energy along with the power of a falling building. 

"It's easier to pass negative energy to someone than to make them happy, because the happiness is being taken away from me," I responded. Momo was in thought after that. 

Did I say something wrong?