Chapter 7

"Hey Y/n, what's wrong?"

I look at the girl sitting next to me. She leans in towards me, trying to talk.
"Nothing Alice, I'm just tired."

"Oh!" She giggles and turns back to the teacher.
"I can relate!"

I don't think she can. Nobody knows what happened to me. "I'm tired."
I answer repeatedly, but no one asks what I'm tired of. I've never been in these types of situations, and I need to fake being happy. I wasn't like this.
After school, I went the loner way, hoping Izuku would know the route and meet me here, but after waiting for 10 minutes. I knew he was staying after school training.
I can't stay here. I'll die.
"Not today Satan."

—"The Sweet—

I continued to walk back to my apartment but stopped. I turn my body towards the red swings. The blue slides. The emptiness and stillness. I look at my route home and thought about it. I sped walked to the children's park, throwing my backpack to the sand. My backpack hit the ground with a thump. I climb up the ladder to the little playhouse on top. The wood was old and rusty, but it held me. I saw spiderwebs but didn't worry much since they could be my friends for now.

There was no one else to tell me it was wrong.

A smile spread across my lips, closing my eyes.
Could this be my happy place? I wondered in my mind if it was. I turn my body, laying down in a comfortable position. Sleep comes like a falling tree. I know it must come, but I fight it with everything that I have. Those defenseless hours, oblivious to my surroundings, are enough to light up my whole body with odd lights. I couldn't fight it anymore, and the sleep was unwelcomed, but I drift away in the warmth of the heat inside the playhouse; the sun rays hitting my face made me feel safe.

—Third person's P.O.V—

"Where are you leaving?"

Shigaraki turned to Kurogiri drying glass mugs. He lifted his hood and walked towards the door.
"I'm leaving to meet someone."

"Are they beneficial to the project?"
He continued, placing the dried cup on the counter with a clink. Shigaraki thought for a moment. These past few days, he hasn't worried about that. He was worried about himself. 'That was bad.'
How foolish could he have been?!

Shigaraki responded with a nod, opening the door, but didn't leave without hearing Kurogiri's words.
"He will be very proud to hear that."

Shigaraki entered by opening the window, crawling inside with ease, looking around the dark bedroom filled with posters and messy clothes.
"Where is she...?"
Shigaraki walked outside the bedroom, only to stop when he heard footsteps approaching him. He swiftly went back inside Y/n's bedroom, leaving the door cracked open a bit, only to see a worried mother frantically walking the halls.

"She doesn't answer the phone!"

A worried woman with green hair could be seen, her body shaking. Tears ran down her face as she heard the other line speak. The voice irritating him.

"I'm so worried Izuku, what if she got hurt and lost her phone-"

The woman went back into the living room, praying and crying to the other one. She's missing? Nonsense.
Shigaraki climbed out the window and jumped to the ground with no problem, getting up and dusting himself off.
It was starting to get dark, and she was still not found? Why would you allow your child to go alone by themselves? If you loved them, you would pick them up, and then they wouldn't have to run away. Right?

Shigaraki walked along the sidewalk, getting a glimpse of an f/c backpack on the ground. He tilted his head, confused to see no children playing. As he got closer to the playground, he could see someone lying down inside. He climbed up the ladder, crawling inside to find Y/n's sleeping body. Shigaraki was surprised to see his findings but stayed still, watching as her chest go up and down calmly. It was odd to see, probably because he'd only seen her panic around him.
Shigaraki crawled closer to her, the wood creaking.
He thought for a moment, to touch her and feel what it felt like to feel ... calm.

He poked Y/n on the shoulder, receiving no response but a lip smack. He opened his hand, taking in the warmth of her shoulder.
"You could die here in my hands."
He said in a low tone, trailing his fingers to her soft neck. A small smile formed.

"You're such a burden."

He only stared at her face. The late afternoon light on her fell slanting through the plastic windows. He watched her, taking in the tint of pink on her cheeks.

"But, I won't let them take what's mine."

Y/n slowly opened her eyes, and when she saw his smile, her heart quickened. She went wide-eyed and clutched her fists. Her body shakes, similar to her mother.

"What happened?"

Shigaraki questioned out loud but saw his hand still on her neck. He quickly removed his hand, but she didn't stop; Y/n was covering her face as she frustratedly breathed.
He wanted her to stop. Stop her annoying cries.

"Be Quiet."

—Y/n's P.O.V—

I look up to see Shigaraki scratching his neck.
" I don't want to hear it."

How long has he been here? I was scared, but my heartbeat slowed down to see him trying to help himself. A wave of uncertainty went through me, but it was cloudy in my mind.
The noises of his scratching were making me grit my teeth, only hearing how loud it was. I was tired.
I lift my hand and grab his wrists, pulling them away from his neck, still shaking. Shigaraki stopped.

"Stop scratching; the noise is giving me a headache," I said between breaths, releasing his wrists.
I look up to see a glimpse of his red orbs looking at me. I let out ragged breaths, slowly crawling out the playground, Shigaraki following behind.
I picked up my backpack to hear the buzzing of my phone ringing.
A sudden flash felt like it stabbed through me.
198 missed calls from Birth giver and 68 from Big brother

"No..." I let out.

I answered Izuku to hear him catching his breath and imagine the relieved smile when he heard my soft "Hello...?"

"HELLO?! That's all you say after you don't answer any of my calls late at night?!"

Shigaraki walks next to me, picking up my backpack from the ground.

" I'm s-sorry." I regretfully responded, hugging myself.

"Everyone is looking for you, Y/n..."
I cover my eyes, thinking of what else to say, but there was only one word. The word meant nothing at this moment.
"I'm going home now."

"Please hurry up." He said, then hung up. I knew he was disappointed.
I look at the black screen on my phone, turning back to Shigaraki looking at me.
I grab my backpack from him and swing it on.
Being emotionally exhausted wasn't treating me well.

"Hold out your hands s-so we can get this over with," I told him, my eyes lids feeling heavy.