Chapter 2

I hugged Izuku, tightening the hug.
"Good luck, big brother," I said, a smile plastered on my face.
My mother hugged him tightly as love was illuminating from both of them. The energy I was beginning to long for after the exam. Izuku's expression was slowly changing into one that was saddened, but before he can say anything to me, I squeezed his face.

"Shut up and go! You're gonna be late!"

With that, he ran and kissed my cheek goodbye. I knew he was sad that I didn't get accepted.

We planned on going to school together and training side by side after all.

But I wasn't born to receive pity, right?
I swallowed the lump in my throat and turned around to see my mother.
I force a smile on my face and grab her hands, clutching them while looking into her weary eyes.

"I'm fine, mom. Please don't worry about me. Be proud of your son, who was blessed with such an amazing quirk. "
Mother went towards me and clutched my hands tighter, tears in the corners of her eyes.
"I'm so sorry..." she shakily let out.

I kissed her forehead and smiled again.
"There's something's even a mother as great as you can't do surprisingly," I said with a chuckle in the end, which made her wipe her tears. I let go and put on my jacket, walking into the cool morning weather.

"I'll be back in a bit."

—Concentrate—

I walk down the concrete sidewalk and along the sides of the streets, taking a look down at the list of ingredients I needed to bring back home, shoving it back in my pocket.
People hurry to their jobs as students run to school. I didn't start till next week, and thank god I did because I wasn't in the mood for anything besides being alone in my room. I already see students who weren't accepted looking depressed and down, but they'll get another chance...
I was stopped when the comic book store door ring rang and came out three giggling boys, new comics at hand. My first thought was, They're gonna be late. My second was one was a memory. One that reminded me of when everything was easy yet somehow a bit tiring.
I lift the hoodie to cover my face, releasing a breath of air, seeing the cloud made in front of me.

"Thank you."
I put the ingredients in the plastic bag, managing not to crush the bread or tomatoes. Before the cashier can lay a pick-up line on me, I left with a ding of the door, waving goodbye at the kind teen.
I was planning to walk around for a bit then walk home but stopped when I realized I walked myself to U.A High School.

I felt like an idiot. A big idiot for thinking a school as great as that could ever except me. 
I wish I knew why they didn't accept me. The only reason why Izuku got in is that he got his powers from All Might and... the determination in everything he does.
I scold myself, pinching my arm.
Guilt flowing over me for even thinking like that. He worked so hard to get that quirk. How could I be so selfish to think that way? I didn't train as hard. I should've been more committed and ready. I...

"I hate everything."

I said to myself but froze when I heard the sound of cameras and reporters outside the school walls. It didn't take a second when I felt a pair of eyes on me.
I turn to see a man in a dark hoodie looking at me. The hoodie making the man look plump, but it was obvious that he was pretty skinny. His body turned to the school, but his head was turned towards me. I could make out the few light blue hairs peeking out of his hood.
I attempted to eye him down, but I could barely see his eyes.

"Stop looking at me, please."

I said aloud enough for him to hear me. He turned away as I looked down at the floor. In these situations, I would run, but I didn't. Instead, I just looked down at the concrete floor, anger building up for myself, making myself an easy prey for this man.
Deep down, I wished he would attempt something so I can prove how strong I was.

"Hate everything?"

"Huh?"

I turn my head to the man next to me. How'd I not feel it?!?
I switch my feet and begin to speed walk back home. What the hell was that? I would've been able to feel it, right?