Chapter Eight~ Logan's Family

Chapter Eight~
Logan's Family

It took about an hour before my mom went to sleep. An hour to think about what I was going to say to Logan, and I still have nothing.

I stared at the white door. The paint was slowly peeling over the years, I raised my hand and was about to knock before I chickened out.

I had nothing to say, I was never and never will be good at words.

I quickly knocked on the door, and waited for someone to open it. The person who opened the door was none other than Mrs. Rodriquez.

"Hola, Mikhail. Cómo estás?" Mrs. Rodriquez asked.

"Muy bien, y usted?" I answered.

"Muy bien." She smiled, and opened the door for me to come in.

"Logan's in the living room." Mrs. Rodriquez informed me.

I smiled at her, and walked towards the living room.

I walked into the living room to see Logan and his younger brothers playing a shooting game. I watched them play for a while before making myself known.

"Logan." I said.

Logan quickly turned around.

"Hey, Mikhail." Logan said, with a smile on his face.

"What are you guys playing?" I asked.

"Call Of Duty." He replied, returning to his game.

I nodded, and sat down on one of the couches. Just as Logan was getting into the game, his older sister walked into the room.

"Hey, Mikhail. I didn't know you were here." She said, giving me a small smile.

"I just got here." I replied, which made her nod her head in response.

"Where's your abuela?" I asked.

"Grocery shopping. Mom got a promotion, so she's getting paid way more now." Victoria answered.

I nodded my head.

"I'm glad." I responded.

I hoped that meant that Logan wouldn't start to starve himself again so that everyone in is family could eat.

We continued to watch Logan play Call Of Duty for 30 minutes until his abuela got back.

She walked through the door with about 5 bags of groceries in each hand. Logan and Victoria both got up, and grabbed the bags for her. When Alejandra saw me, she quickly walked to the living room and gave me a hug.

"Mi amor, cómo estás?" She said in between kissing both of my cheeks.

"Yo estoy bien. Y usted?" I asked back in Spanish.

"Muy bien." She replied.

We continued to catch up with each other in Spanish before Logan walked into the room.

Alejandra didn't like that Mrs. Rodriquez didn't give Logan a Hispanic name. Mrs. Rodriquez would then explain to her mother that she named him after a good friend of hers that died due to some medical condition.

I wonder if I'll ever die of my heart disease, and if or when I do, I wonder how my mother will react. Will she regret ever treating me the way she does? Or will she finally be happy that I'm gone. I hope that it's the first one, but I'm never to sure when it comes to my mom.

I wished she'd just stop drinking, but I know how hard it is to break an addiction. Not personally, but it was hard for Elliot when she used to cut.

"Abuela, yo tengo hablar con Mikhail." Logan said, before walking outside with me right behind him.

We both sat on the porch steps. We sat in silence for a while before Logan broke the silence by apologizing.

"Look Mikhail, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you those were pot brownies. I was drunk, but that doesn't excuse my behavior..." Logan started before I interrupted him.

"It's fine Logan. I think I blew the situation way out of proportion. It's just... I'm scared that I'll end up like her." I explained.

"I'm scared that I'll end up drowning myself in some bottle of liquor. Slowly killing myself because of some addiction."

"Hey that's not going to happen, okay. You're nothing like her, and if you do become an alcoholic, you have Bella, Elliot, and I to smack the sense back into you." Logan said, making me laugh.

"True." I replied.

"I wish she at least had someone to help her get on the right path." I said after a while of silence.

"She had you. She shouldn't have been drinking when she had such a young child at home."

I knew what Logan said was true, but I couldn't stop myself from pitying my mom. The woman who carried me for nine months.

I hope that one day she'll sober up before the alcohol poisoning kills her. Nobody deserves to die, not even my own mom. Death was an easy way out for those who causes someone else to suffer.

My mom didn't deserve to suffer though, I think she's been through enough.

Logan and I stayed like this, sitting side by side on the porch, till the sun started to set.

Tomorrow was a new day.

Sorry if I messed up on the Spanish parts, idk if I put the words in the wrong place or not.