Chapter 111

(Anna)

The moment his heart stopped, Lake left my body. 

I stared on in agonizing horror as the blood continued to run, staining everything in red. Raymen and Jamie let go of him, letting him fall roughly backwards. 

He was gone. 

I had killed him. 

My hands shook greatly as I reached out to touch his face, screaming out in horror, moaning at the sight before me. 

I had killed him. 

The knife still protruded from his chest and my hands were stained with his blood. It ran red and dark. 

I screamed at the universe in horror, taking Loki in my arms, holding his head as I rocked back and forth, wailing. 

I had killed him. 

My hand trembled as I ran it across his face over and over again. The heat was already leaving his body, his skin turning to its Frost-giant color. His eyes turned red, but were vacant and void of all life. I brushed his hair out of his face, tears falling on his cheeks. My fingers shudders as I reached up and closed his eyelids, laying him to rest. 

I had killed him. 

My head shot up to find Harry and his team smiling triumphantly, watching me. I slowly sat Loki down, looking at him one last time before standing up, drenched in his blood. 

And soon, I would be drenched in theirs. 

"You really shouldn't have done that." I snarled. And before they could utter a word, I threw fire at Harry, and he went up in flames, screaming and running around. The others got ready to fight but weren't ready when I lashed out with ice, slicing Lake's head clean off. Jamie stared on in horror, giving me just the right moment to run at him, pressing his nose up into his brain. 

Teagan ran at me, sword raised, but I ducked and jumped, staying out of his reach. He lifted the blade over his head and brought it down towards me, but I caught it in my hands, turning it just enough so that it didn't slice my hands clean off. I still felt it dig into my palms, my own blood mixing with Loki's drying blood. I pushed against him, fury and adrenilene pumping through me, I brought my leg up and kicked him as hard as I could, first in the knee, and then in the gut. He lost his balance, and his grip fell from the sword. I took it in my hands and didn't hesitate to plunge it straight into his heart. 

Behind me, Harry's wails had quieted, as he was almost done cooking. And then I saw Raymen begin to run. My legs moved fast, gaining up on him. When I felt that I was close enough, I lifted water up around me, still running and soaked Raymen in it. He slipped and fell, scrambling to get back up. I shot a ball of electricity at him, electrocuting him. 

I slowly turned around, fire still burning bright a few yards ahead. I ran to it. Harry was no longer moving. I doused out the fire, and then stuck a giant ice pick through his heart for good measure. 

***********

Thor came running. 

"What-?" His eyes immediately searched the five dead bodies I had made. They turned wide with dismay when he spotted his dead brother in my arms. I was rocking him again, singing soft lullabies him, hoping it would help him find his way in the afterlife, if there was such a thing. 

I had killed him. 

Thor fell to his knees on the other side of Loki's body. He grabbed my hand squeezing it tight, his mouth set in a straight, forced line. "He asked me to trust him." He took a deep, calming breath. "So that is what we will do."

He took Loki from my arms, and stood. I followed suit. I looked back at the villiage for a moment, and Thor saw me do so. "The spell broke." He said. "The moment it did, all of the Frost-giants disappeared and the Hydra warriors grew weak, allowing us to overtake them."

So we had won. But we had lost. 

Because I had killed him. 

*************

We layed him to rest the next day. The damage of the battle cleaned up and erased. But it was certainly not forgotten. 

Everyone was there.

It was beautiful. Lanterns were lit and raised to the sky to guide him on his journey to Valhalla. People sang out for him, to praise him for his heroic act. No one knew by whose hand he had died. I wept in Thor's arms and felt his tears drop on my head as Loki was set out in the boat. I had requested that he not be set on fire, knowing how much he disliked the hot substance. Instead, he was surrounded by flowers and dressed in white. I looked up at Thor when Loki was far from sight. How many times must he go through his brother's funeral?

Loki had wanted to give his life to save mine, to let me live mine. I had no choice but to honor him. It would be a disgrace to have ended my own life when he risked so much for me. 

Our mothers were locked away in the dungeons and the keys were thrown away, I had made sure of it. 

I couldn't rest. I didn't even have time to breath, let alone grieve. 

Becuase I was now Queen of Asgard.