Chapter 89

(Loki)

I wanted to scream.

I wanted to scream from frustration, from anger, from sadness, from terror.

So I did.

I screamed at the sky, blaming the universe for everything that had gone wrong in my life.

I didn't know what to do, yet I did, I just hoped it worked. It had to. I had to save her.

Because I loved her.

In my mind, I ordered Heimdall to call for Thor, to tell him to come back to Asgard. And soon enough, the gates of the Bifrost whirled to life, bringing my brother home.

I started walking back towards the castle, knowing Thor would follow. We knew each other like that.

I waited for my brother in the throne room, siting on the steps in front of the chair, running my hands nervously on my pants.

I only had to wait a few minutes before I heard Thor's voice calling my name.

"Loki?" I heard him say softly. I waited until he plopped down beside me before I spoke.

"I have a plan." I looked at him. "And I want your full approval and your full cooperation. I need your absolute trust, Thor."

He looked at me, pain and sadness flooded his eyes. "I will stand by you, in whatever you do."

It felt so odd, to get this kind of acceptance, this trust from my brother. He didn't look at me as if I were about to play a trick on him or as someone who would stand behind him for support. 

He looked at me like I had waited for him to look at me my entire life. 

I nodded my head, taking him by the shoulder. "First, I need your help finding someone. Two someones actually." 

"Alright." He looked slighty confused. 

"I need to find the demons Laufey and Odin mixed their blood with." I stood up.

"I need you to find our mothers."