Chapter 84

(Anna)

They kept advancing. 

And soon, they were running at us. 

We ran away, back towards the castle, as fast as we could. We had to make a plan. 

I felt a knife wiz past my ear, making me stop, and turn around. It was Teagan, and he was about to throw another knife at me. 

I was so done with his bullshit. 

I raised my hands in fists over my head, and sure enough, every piece of metal that was contained in their hands flew to the sky at my command, hovering over their heads. They stopped running and looked at the weapons as I made them point straight at the bastards. 

"Why are you doing this?" I asked calmly, keeping the weapons dangerously close to the monsters in front of me. 

"We're here to save you, Anna." 

"I don't need saved. And that's bull." I lowered the weapons. A few of them tried getting theirs back, but all it got them was a slash across the eye with their own sword or knife, making them yell out in pain. 

"Come with me, Anna." Teagan cooed. 

I felt an odd tingling sensation in my brain, his words echoing in my head. He held his hand out, "Just put the weapons down slowly, and come with me, Anna that's all I ask. I won't hurt you, I was never here to hurt you." His voice was soft and flowed like water on a clam day. 

I dropped the weapons slowly, each man grabbing their own. I don't know why I did it. It just felt right. 

"Anna!" Loki ran up to me, pushing me back. "Don't. Don't listen to him." 

"Loki, it's fine. He's my brother for God's sake. He's not going to hurt me." 

"Will you listen to yourself?" There were tears in his eyes. "He has the power of the tongue, Anna! Anything he tells you, you'll believe. You can't listen! It's all lies." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something dark and whispy come up behind Loki. 

And then Loki's head reeled back, the vien's popping out in his neck. 

"Loki!"

"He's fine, Anna. Lake is just helping him. Making him better."

"Oh. Ok." I looked down at Loki. But I knew he'd be okay, because Lake was helping him now. His eyes glowed yellow and he slowly stood back up, and grinned at me. 

"Go with them." He motioned his hand towards Teagan, his face twitching in pain for a moment. 

"What about all them?" I motioned towards the criminals Teagan had let out of the dungeons. Why had he done that?

"They're here to protect you, to help us make sure you get safely home." Teagan said. Duh, of course. Silly me. Teagan was so thoughtful. 

I smiled, and patted Loki on the arm. "Come visit me sometime." And i reached up, giving him a peck on the cheek. I felt a slight sting of electricity, but I ignorned it.

And then I walked towards Teagan, who retrieved a vial out of his pocket and held it out to me. 

"Drink this," He said. "It will make sure nothing bad happens." God, he was the best big brother, wasn't he? Looking out for me, making sure I didn't get hurt. 

I took the small glass vial in my hand. It felt slightly familiar. 

I tilted my head back and drank. 

***********

(Loki)

Something was inside me. 

Making me say and do things that I did not want to. It was evil and it was controlling me. It was making me let Anna go to her death. I tried to fight it, whatever it was. A few times, I made it wince in pain. It made me tell Anna to go with them, and I screamed, yelling for it to get out of me. I tried to wrestle it, but I couldn't move, trapped inside my body. 

I screamed out in agony when Anna kissed me on the cheek, possessed by her older brother's false words. I was supposed to protect her. I was supposed to be there to save her. 

And she was walking away from me. 

I tried to fight my way free from whatever had its' hold on me as she walked towards her brother, who held a small vial out to her. 

No. 

Not that.

It was the same vial I had seen hundreds of in Dr. Martinez's office, the same vial that had been put on her food, making me tell her not to eat. 

The vial that held the liquid that took halted Anna's powers while it was in her system. 

My heart broke into a million pieces and I tried to yell out, tried to do something as she tilted her head back and drank the contents of the vial. 

I watched her walk away, her hand in her brother's, towards the gate. I watched as he looked back on me, a smile of evil triumph on his face. 

As soon as they hit the entrance of the gate, Anna, and three- Three? Where was the fourth bro-?

And then I felt myself freed from whatever had been holding me captive.

I fell to my knees, gasping for breath. Above me was a dark, thin form with yellow eyes. I heard it laugh and watched, breathless as it raced towards the gate as well. I didn't have a voice, it was like I had forgotten how to speak. Tears ran down my face, beginning to blur my vision. I painfully sat up and watched as the black form transformed into the missing brother. 

The gate was only a few yards away, so I could see them perfectly. 

And I heard him just as perfectly, as the brother who held Anna's hand, looked at me and grinned, saying loudly as he saluted to the air, "Hail Hydra."

And then they were gone, the criminals from the dungeons advancing on me as I blacked out.