"I'm always careful. With everything. But once again I'm not having sex with Coen. We're just friends. I'm sure he doesn't even look at me that way." My dad scoffed.

"Of course, he does. You're gorgeous. Not to mention he has emotional ties to you. You could look like a garbage bag, and he'd still try to smash."

"Wow okay! End of the conversation Mr. I have a list of people I regret." I began walking away before turning around again. "Wow, a list?! How many people dad? What's your body count hmm?" It was my turn to flip the tables and put him in the hot seat. He cringed at himself, chuckling and walking towards the stairs.

"What's your body count dad?!"

"What's yours?!" Our whisper yelling match ensued.

"I asked you first!"

"Okay and I asked you second? Are we keeping track now?!"

"One!"

He put out a finger in triumph. "So, you admit you had sex with Malik?"

"I thought you already knew I did! Answer the question dad. How many?" His eyes peered toward his bedroom door checking for my mother's presence. He scurried off towards the stairs. "Around 19." He began his embarrassed descent down the steps.

I ran over towards the banister in disbelief. "Around?!" He had already made it to the bottom of the steps. "I lost count after 13 okay! I went to Harvard. It was filled with girls from strict households who were waiting for their chance to be wild. Now go get dressed and we shall never speak of this again." He winked, a genuine smile on both of our lips. It was moments like this, weird, quirky, odd moments that made me admire my dad. He loved me. Despite everything and anything, he loved me.

I went to the room to wake Coen, seeing it was now four o'clock. I pushed open my bedroom door to find Coen folding my blanket back up. He was shirtless. Still in his black sweatpants from earlier. His back muscles popped out as he bent his arms to stretch. "I can feel you staring at me." He chuckled.

I blushed. "Yeah sorry. Put on your suit, I want to see it." I smiled, changing the subject.

The house for the last hour had erupted into loud chaos. Everyone getting dressed, looking to borrow jewelry, or makeup, or shoes. The majority of everyone was downstairs, waiting in the kitchen for the rest of us. I hadn't seen Coen's full outfit, only his dress shirt upstairs before he rushed off to be with Joey and Wesley so our outfits could be a surprise.

My mom and I stood in the hallway, examining ourselves in the large mirror. "Honey, you look stunning." She moved my cascading curls behind my shoulder, so my full face was in view. "If I look stunning, you seriously have not gotten a look at yourself."

"Hurry up. You guys are taking a century!" Joey yelled up the steps. I slipped my feet into my heels and made my way to the edge. I pushed the long dress back so my smooth leg would be seen. I absolutely loved this outfit, my confidence skyrocketing with every step I took. I was wearing a floor-length emerald satin dress. A slit on the left side, and a cowl neckline that showcased my gold choker necklace. With my clutch in one hand, I made my descent down the stairs.

Once my gold heels was spotted, I heard my father's cheers erupt. I turned the corner as my dress flowed softly by my feet. The attention made me nervous, causing me to giggle while I walked down the rest of the stairs. I looked through the small crowd of my family until I locked eyes with Coen.

He stepped forward and gave me a chivalrous helping hand. His suit jacket and pants fitted; his shirt was purposefully partially unbuttoned at the top. The all-black against his skin vivid, his eyes standing out even more. His hair was styled back, a small strand curled against his forehead. His face adorned by a pair of circular gold glasses.