𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

3 months later
4 pm

"His feet too fat for these." I say holding up the tiny black pair of vans.

"Jit gon' bust out of all this stuff we getting him, watch. He's getting too damn big." I say looking at him fast asleep in his car seat.

Geneva lightly laughed as she pushed the cart. She then came across a little sweater. I watch as she holds it up, staring at it satisfied. "This is cute. He can wear this with those little joggers." She says pointing to one of the items she picked up earlier. She look my way, waiting for my thoughts. "—Yeah we should get it." I say looking at her.

«»

We entered the house and Jahjah continued to cry. He's been crying on sand off the whole ride.

"Are you hungry?" She spoke in a baby voice as she picked him. She walked to the couch and sat, facing the other direction for privacy she adjust her shirt to breastfeed. About 10 minutes later he was full and knocked out.

Geneva fixed her shirt and carried him to his room where placed him in his crib. She came back into the living room and sighed, "He's gonna sleep for like an hour and spend the rest of the night up and crying." She says.

"But how's everything with you?" She asked, changing the topic. She was interrupted by me slowly bringing my face close to hers. She stare at me wondering what I getting myself into. Our lips touched. Only for a matter of seconds. She pulled away and just looked at me, "Don't...do that ever again." She says. She held the respect for Lexi. I honestly have no clue why I even did it.

My phone began ringing loudly. "I think you might wanna answer that." She says. She curled her hair behind her ear before turning around to find something to do.

I answer the call, "Hello."

"Hey babe, how did the little shopping go?" She asked interested.

"It went pretty good. He's gonna have the sauce. He's inherited the crabby patty formula too." I say to laugh the guilt away.

She chuckled from the end of the line, "You're a good person. Your son is lucky to have you as his father."

A good person huh? I began to feel worse. "I'm about to be on my way home." I say. "Alright, see you when you get here."

Lexi then hung up. I lock my phone and place it in my back pocket. The room was silent. "I uh—thank you for letting me see him today." I say to Geneva.

"Don't say it like I'm holding him hostage. You do know you can get him whenever you want. When you say it like that you make it seem like I trapped you with a baby. It's not like that anymore, because I have a family." She says. I could tell it had messed with her emotions. "I didn't mean it like that. But I'm sorry if I did offend you."

"No I'm sorry if I'm overreacting. Your fans do remind me everyday of how shitty I am."

I'm not surprised that some of my fans are still bothering her after I said not to. After all they are hardheaded.

"Whatever they say —always know you're a good mom." I say in a very serious tone. My phone vibrate in my pocket. "I got to go. But I could slide by next week sometime." I say. She nod her head. "Alright I'll see you." I say making my way to the door.

"Jahseh." She calls. I look back.

"Lock the door behind you."

«»

Lexi's POV:

Jahseh was now home. But he seemed a little too quiet. Usually when he comes back from spending time with his son he can never stop talking about things that happened during the day. Today was a little odd.

"What's on your mind?" I question rubbing his shoulders.

"Nothing." He says still watching tv.

"It has to be something." He didn't respond. "Talk to me." I continue. He kept silent. I began to feel anxious. "...I kissed Geneva." He broke silence. He's joking. He has to be joking. Geneva? I honestly didn't expect this. I thought he'd lost every bit of connection he had with her.

But I wasn't going to be mad. Maybe he was getting these old feelings. I don't know. But at the end of the day he was honest with me. "It's fine. —Well it's not fine. But I'm not mad. Just don't let it happen again." I say.