Chapter 9: Catching Feelings

"You're gonna catch a cold like that," Kendrick informed me on Monday morning before I was leaving to go to school. I was wearing an Aztec print shirt that had spaghetti straps, with light blue jeans and my black Minnie Mouse flats, but I wasn't wearing a sweater or anything over it. It was probably still cold outside, because it's normally hot here, even in September.

"Well let me catch a cold then," I snapped, even though it would be a good idea to put a sweater on if it was cold outside. I was still mad at him from Saturday; he didn't have the party, but he still had like a million friends over and they were making a bunch of noise. On Sunday I stayed in my room all day, but only came out if I needed food or to use the bathroom. He did whatever he did, and ignored me, while I ignored him as well.

"Go put on a sweater or something," He told me, trying to hide his anger. And after he said that, I saw Jason's car pull up in front of the house.

"And what if I don't?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest. I was going to put a sweater on, but I wanted to test him, I don't know why, I just did.

He rolled his eyes, "Stop being such a little kid, geez, just put on a damn sweater."

"Fine!" I almost screamed, storming back to my room to get a sweater. I was just doing this because I didn't want to prolong the argument, considering Jason was here and I didn't want him to wait on me or anything. I got a black cardigan and slipped it on, and then stomped back downstairs. I put my keys in the pocket of my jeans, because I was too lazy to put in my bag, and then opened the door. "Bye," I said angrily, and slammed the door behind me. I knew he had to go to college today, so he might not be home when I get home. I don't like being home alone, but I think I'll bear with it, well I'll try.

When I got to the car, I tried to calm myself down so I wouldn't slam Jason's car door too. I mean, I don't think I'd come close to even breaking the door, but I don't want to try. I didn't slam the door though, so that's good. And like normal, Amanda wasn't here. Jason didn't seem to mind too much anymore though, so I guess that's a good thing. I didn't say anything when I got in the car, just put on my seatbelt and waited for him to drive off.

And of course he noticed this, which made him ask me what's wrong. I didn't want to snap at him, because I was pretty angry right now, but I don't think I could hold it in. My response came out pretty harsh though, but I really didn't intend it to be that way. I told him I was fine, and it almost sounded like I snapped at him. I felt bad about it, but he didn't give me a chance to apologize, because he asked another question. "You don't seem okay, what's wrong?"

I sighed, closing my eyes to calm my anger. I didn't want to take my anger out on Jason, because he didn't deserve the anger that I would have directed to Kendrick. I don't think anyone deserves that, but Kendrick sure does - at least now he does. "It's nothing, I'm just mad at my brother."

"Why? What happened?"

I didn't really want to tell him, but I did want to tell someone at least. I mean, it's okay if I keep it to myself, but I just want to tell someone how he gets me so mad. I wanted to go on a complete rant, and Jason was the first to see me this mad about it, so why not tell him? He is my best friend after all; I don't see anything that could go wrong. "Okay, so my brother is really nice and awesome, but sometimes he's just a complete asshole, and I hate it. Whenever his friends are over, he becomes this really cold hearted jerk, and he treats me like if I'm not even his own sister. And he knows I don't like his friends, because I've told him about a million times. His friends are all perverted and bother me a lot when he's not around, but he doesn't believe me when I tell him this. And then on Saturday, he had a bunch of his friends over and we had an argument in the kitchen, and he cursed at me and called me annoying. I mean, he probably curses a lot, but he never curses around me. He'd never curse at me. And he only curses around me when he's really mad; like he was on the phone once, and I heard him. And that kind of made me really mad, because why is he mad at me in the first place!? I didn't do anything wrong, if I was in his positions and my friends, who are in frikken college, flirted with my little sister, I wouldn't bring them over. And I never have my friends over, so I think it's completely fair if he just stops bringing his annoying and perverted ones! Oh and he also said he was going to throw a party that night too, and that kind of made me just wanna hit him in the head with a hammer so bad, but I couldn't, because I don't like violence. He didn't have the party though, which was actually kind of nice, but he did have his friends over like, super late making a bunch of noise. He's just so irritating sometimes!"