"That's, uh," Lisa started and cleared her throat and said, "Thank you."

Lisa suddenly felt awkward and conscious. She suddenly realized that it was the first time that she and Jennie were standing in an enclosed room together. The strawberry scent on Jennie seemed to emit a stronger fume that it made Lisa anxious about the approximate distance between the two of them.

"Where did you take this?" Jennie asked, oblivious of the fact that Lisa was starting to feel uncomfortable and edgy behind her.

"In Paris, actually. Two years ago. She's a Romani Gypsy, asking for money from people along Rue de Seine. I had to give her ten euros just so she would allow me to take a snap of her," Lisa answered.

"Was it safe to do this? I mean, they're not violent people, are they?" Jennie asked. She have read stuff about Gypsies and how they were good at swindling money from people.

Lisa stifled a laughter and asked, "Have you been to Paris, Jennie?"

"Actually, I just came home from Paris yesterday. My mother asked me to attend an event on her behalf," Jennie answered.

Lisa thought that that sort of explained Jennie's weary look. The result of the long travel must have crept in on Jennie's petite body. And yet, Jennie was here on her studio, instead of taking a rest after a long flight

"And you haven't been bothered by beggars on the Parisian streets, have you?" Lisa inquired with a half-amused look written all over her face.

Of course, Jennie wouldn't have experienced being approached by strangers on the Parisian streets, asking for money or anything that they could benefit with. She's a chaebol. They don't strut along the crowded Parisian streets wearing their luxuries on their sleeves and being bombarded by Romani Gypsies.

"To be honest, no. I haven't," Jennie answered. She didn't sound proud and haughty. If anything, she felt embarrassed for admitting how secured and sheltered her life is in front of Lisa. She didn't want Lisa to look at her differently.

"Figures," Lisa said kindly and smiled. "They're everywhere on the streets, actually. Not just Gypsies, but also refugees from war-torn countries."

"And they're allowed to beg for money? Publicly, in broad daylight?"

"Begging in Paris is legal, Jennie. At least, that's what I've read. So, yes. I guess, they're allowed," Lisa answered with a shrug. "Anyway, what was it that you wanted to ask me?"

"Oh, yes," Jennie said and dug her hand on the pocket of her plaid overcoat. And when Jennie's hand came back to the surface, it was already holding a Polaroid picture.

Jennie raised it and showed it to Lisa. It was the Polaroid picture of them together while they were standing at a thousand feet high from the ground in Mireuksan Mountain. The Tongyeong harbor was behind them, looking meek and shadowy.

Under the squared photograph was Lisa's scrappy handwritting that says, "Proud of you!" with a tiny heart, lopsided on the upper right, scribbled beside the exclamation point.

"I want to ask you about this," Jennie started.

Lisa was already mentally preparing a logical explanation about why she had to draw a small heart beside the exclamation point. Or why she had to write the words that she had written on the Polariod and put a small heart on it. Maybe she just have to say that it was done as an afterthought, for artistic effects or whatever. That she should have put a smiley on it, rather than a heart, but a heart was more artistic than a smiley. Because she was sure that those were what Jennie wanted to ask about. Because what else could it be?