"I've searched the entire French Quarter

"I've searched the entire French Quarter. Finn has vanished. I can't remove the barrier that has you trapped until I have my hand around his throat."

"I was hoping you had a plan b." Marcel said with a sigh as he spoke to Klaus on the phone. Maddie was currently babysitting Kol in the process.

"Davina. She doesn't know it yet, but she's gonna help me break his spell. Your job...keep Kol alive, at least until we learn Rebekah's whereabouts. Are you listening to me?" Klaus asks him after Marcel said nothing.

"Yeah. That all sounds fine and good but listen. When I was getting the werewolves out, I got bit." Maddison shot up, getting a confused look from Kol, as she heard those words escape her dad's mouth.

"I will get you my blood. I will get you out of that house, Marcellus, whatever it takes."

"What was Klaus like? As a human?" Maddie asked the boy sitting across from her. She was genuinely curious what he was like before he was cursed with vampirism.

"He was bloody different, that's for sure." Kol mumbles in an annoyed tone.

"I mean it, Kol, I wanna know." Maddie sighed softly and sat down on a chair as she waited for him to speak.

He looks at her for a moment before giving in, "he was caring. Of course, he never dared stand up for himself against Mikael but he was a good person. A good brother. He spent most of his time painting. Creating paint colours, learning different styles and all of that." Maddison smiled as she listened to him explain.

"Do you think that's still a part of him? And don't worry, I'll keep your words to myself but honestly...?" Maddie tilted her head, curious at the hat his answer would be.

"If you're really trying to ask me if I think, whether or not, my brother loves you...then yes." Kol told her honestly with a nod of his head. Maddie unable to keep the smile off her face.

Kol and Maddie both walked down the staircase into the main room, bells were ringing loudly which seemed to have annoyed Kol which amused Maddison. "What's with the church bells? Sounds like the preamble of me own bloody funeral."

"It's carillon eve. The locals shroud the eyes of angels so the dead can walk among us for a night without judgment. The bells wake the dead and guide them to eternal rest. So whether you live or die today, you can join the festivities." Marcel said towards Kol.

"Oh, Marcel, you're gonna make certain I live." Kol told him with a cheeky tone of voice. "I'm the only one who knows how to find Rebekah."