Chapter Three- Strained Whimpers

Freddie (Frederick)'s POV

My left foot taps on the wooden floor, a desperate need for the toilet swarming my mind

"Megan" I call, the volume of my voice increasing to be heard over the loud chatter.

She looks up at me, pausing the game she's playing.

"Yeah?" She smiles, she always seems to be smiling. Her dark, brown hair in a stylish mess; clothes oversized and baggy.

"Where's the loo?" I ask, the question causing a slight blush to rush to my cheeks.

"Upstairs, first room on the left!" she replies, to which I nod my head in acknowledgment.

I walk up the wooden stairs- gliding my hand over the smooth banister. The walls are painted a muted green; the whole house having a cosy atmosphere.

As I head towards the bathroom, I hear strained whimpers coming from the room opposite. I halt, a confused expression drowning my face.

What is that?

Curious as always, I head towards the door- the soft padding of my feet causing the floor to creak. Curiosity has always been my downfall- I hum in slight apprehension.

I take in several flowing grains in the wooden door, the rough texture contrasting with the polished appearance of the rest of the house.

Instead of barging in, I knock hesitantly on the door- desperately longing for an answer.

[###]

William's PoV

The dark fog comes closer and closer, cackles and taunts echoing around me.

I startle, fresh tears pooling in my eyes as I take in the faces of my old friends; the people who have left... the people I left behind. Their faces slowly morph into undistinguishable messes; a sickly scent erupting from their mouths.

A shrieking bellow comes from my right, a monstrous insect leaping towards me. It's multiple legs propel it forwards- the thick hairs on its head rippling in the wind.

Time to make my decision: Inevitable death or endless sleep.

My head aches, the pressure building up into a tight coil of terror.

I turn my head, the soles of my feet hissing from the heat of the ground. The humidity of this place is unbearable- sweat trickling down my face in waves. I tense my muscles and move forward-

[...]

There's a knocking at the door.

I spring up, my heart beating heavily in the cool breeze of my room. I run a shaking hand through the mangled mess of my hair. Looking into the mirror, I spot a face of pure dismay peering back.

There's another knock at the door.

I lean over, wiping the stray tears from my cheeks, and check the time.

[2:48pm]

It must be Megan again. She mentioned to me something about the guys coming over yesterday. Probably lost her controller or something.

I sit up, stretching slightly, and call, with a shaking voice, "Come in!"

I hate having nightmares. Sleep is a peaceful escape for me; sometimes ruined by dark thoughts and panicked dreams.

The door opens and I am face to face with Freddie, for the very first time. And I thank god that I'm wearing decent pajamas; no stains or sweat in sight.

We lock eyes, and I'm trapped for a minute- staring into the depths of his chocolate brown iris'.

I cough suddenly, jolting us both out of the electric moment.

"Hi, Freddie is it?" My voice cracks and I wince, hating the tight embrace that my illness holds me in.

"Yeah" He shakes his head, as if to bring him out of a daze.

"I-i haven't seen you before- at school." He stutters.

I smile sadly, "I'm William, I've been a bit ill for the last few months- I guess you could say."

He looks alarmed, the gentle shape of his eyes increasing significantly.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I look at his tense posture; the agitated scrunching of his brows and laugh, once again.

"I've been worse."

[___]

Updates may not be as frequent next week, since I'm revising for exams (eek!)

Lol I wrote "Tao's POV" to begin with :p

Anyways, as usual, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! What do you think of Freddie so far?

Nighty night (well, at least for me),
El x

Nighty night (well, at least for me),El x