The girl scoffed and rose from her seat, "Well, excuse you, miss. Don't you know who I am?"

"Do you think I'd talk back to you if I did?" I shot back.

She crossed her arms and raised a brow, "Well I'll have you know that I'm the cousin of Beatrice Rowell, the supposed to be queen if that b*tch Haidee didn't fake her injuries."

So that's why her decorum isn't good. They're related.

In my peripheral vision, I saw Tony's head snap to us with a raised eyebrow. I took a deep breath to calm down and not lash out on this girl and accidentally telling everybody who I was.

"What? Can't say anything, can you?" She scoffed, "I knew you were just some ambitious girl."

"Calm down, Kiara," her friend said and pulled her down bit Kiara stood tall.

"No, Delaney," Kiara negated, "this b*tch needs a lesson."

I was thinking about apologizing or telling her some arguments which would shut her up but I decided on not saying anything. It'd look bad if I get on a full cat fight.

Kiara smirked and raised her palm, ready to slap me. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. I clutched my hands to keep them from fighting back. I didn't want to cause a commotion, if anything, I don't want to get caught in another problem.

The murmurs of the other guests got louder. Some were laughing—most of them were for that matter—but some were trying to stop her but all they did was tell her to.

Then the first slap came and it stung. The impact made me face sideways. I huffed out a breath and faced her again.

"So? Still not sorry?" She asked.

I didn't say anything again. So naturally, she did it again, this time on my other cheek.

"Stop it, Kiara!" Delaney exclaimed and held her hand back.

I've tolerated Beatrice, Natalie, Diamond, Margarette, Leigh, Harmonia, Violet, and Clover so how can I not take this beating from a trying hard witch? Margarette's slaps were more painful. Violet's threats were scarier. Beatrice's attitude was worse.

Kiara didn't stop. She slapped me again and again but this time, I didn't let my head be moved to face the side. I stayed still and looked her in the eye.

"I should've been the one selected from Angeles," she sneered, "not some petty girl who's a dumb blonde."

My eyes were getting glossy from the repeating slaps on my face, but I didn't let the tears fall.

"Your face is so thick that my hand is getting hurt," she told me. With an insulting smirk, she said, "Let's finish this."

She took her glass of hot coffee and got ready to pour it on me. I didn't breathe and waited for the sensation of boiling water on my skin.

"That's quite enough," a male voice said.

There was Tony holding Kiara's hand to prevent her from pouring it on me. The coffee spilled on her dress due to the impact.

Kiara gasped, "My dress! You're gonna pay for this! Let me go!"

"For your information," Tony said, "the dress isn't yours. It's property of the palace so stop whining." He forcefully let go of her hand and approached me, "And if you're so jealous of not getting selected because of Haidee getting it, then don't take out your anger on other people," he took my hand and helped me out of my seat, "besides, I doubt the prince would even like the likes of you inside his palace. Come on, Dee."