Broken Words

Re-edited

Poe walked back onto the ship, his mind a daze: we need all the help we can get. All we have is a handful of pilots with no ships and a few gun men. Poe sat in the empty cockpit, he had asked chewy twice now, how much longer did they have to stay on the planet before they could leave.

Naboo was beautiful but huge the longer they stayed the more danger they would be under. There was no chance that they had been spotted already, the ship was a relic, a piece of junk but it was all they had

They were low on supplies and fuel, the nearest habitable planet was Dandoran, Jessika's home planet, a luscious green planet full of exocytic plants and animals. It was run by the  Hutt's many years ago, but since then it has been quiet, a perfect location for a base.

Poe trusted everyone on this ship, everyone accepts for Rey, she was still new and often kept to herself. He didn't know if she was truly one of them or if it was all a façade to end the rebellion once and for all.

"you don't trust me?" Rey's voice was shaky drunk with disappointment, how did she know that he was thinking of her, Poe thought. Probably some Jedi magic, another reason not to trust her.

Her hair hung below her shoulders, she looked at him, lips pursed, hands fiddling with the fabric around her arms.

Poe starred at her shaking his head in discourse "no, I don't trust you. I don't trust your personality. You are just a scavenger from a backwater planet. You are a nobody" his voice followed without hesitation or remorse. A year brimmed in her eyes, how could he say that what had she done to deserve his temper but most of all why didn't they trust her. Just when she thought it was over, Poe started up again

"You were lucky to be force sensitive or we would have left you with the First Order, who would have sent you to a labour camp or have killed you on the spot. You give me one reason to doubt your alliance to the resistance and I will dispose of you my self" the insults kept coming, making her feel exposed and weak.

"You think so highly of your self. You are not special, you are not a hero and you are not and will never be part of this family." His words left her shaken to the core, eyes welling with tears. If words could leave scares then Rey wouldnbe plagued by them?

Poe sat up, rubbing his lower back, it was easy to dismiss her, to not care about her fate or future path. To him, she was nothing, once Leia was back then there would be no use for Rey.

It was true, at any point, she could turn and kill them all, at least that was what Poe believed, whether he was right or wrong only time would tell.

"How can you say that she saved us on Crait. We wouldn't be here without her" Jess snapped pushing Poe backwards into the Cold wall, her voice horas and dry.

Jess and Rey had bonded almost instantly, both loved ships and both loved flying in fact Rey only ever talked to her and Leia. Their eyes lit up every time they saw each other after a battle. They were room mates and both flew together on long days when the sun seemed to hand in the sky forever?

"What's the matter Testor" he mockingly sang little  Rey needs your protection. She grunted as if she could read his thoughts.

Poe bristled at her callousness, maybe she had misinterpreted his words or maybe she trusted Rey more than him. The very thought made his blood boil and knuckles whiten, he was her superior, she would have to follow his orders while Leia was recovering from her coma.

"Finn, what do you think" Poe spoke through gritted teeth, his bloodshot eyes met Finn's unsettled look. He had failed once, he was not going to fail again because he trusted the wrong person.

"I trust what Poe says, Rey has changed. I haven't chosen whether it is good or not" his voice was failing him as if he was regretting what he had previously said.

"Thank you, Finn. You made the right choice" Poe sat back leaning into his chair, eyes closed but he carried a broad smile. He could feel Jess' intense gaze piercing the back of his head, her eyes were wide and her nose was twitching with anger.

"Well if you don't trust me then I will leave, I don't want to be anyone's burden." Rey concealed her face from the rest of the group, but Jess caught a glimpse of her eyes...they were pleading for sympathy and a chance to be trusted.

If either Jess or Rey had bothered to look back, then they might have seen both Poe and Finn feeling regret or maybe feeling stubborn pride.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you
As always please check these other users account, they write great stories

Mattchew07
BayBay08
Alm344
LadyArwenEvenStar
mythicalalohagirl
jessica_boughton18
mythicalalohagirl
thelonleycrouton