8. Relaxation

Back at Dianna and Eddie's, we all enjoyed some time together. We hadn't been able to properly catch up while Demi was in the hospital and rehab, so we were spending a few days in Texas. And Demi had yet another surprise for me when we got home.

"You're doing so much and I feel like I've barely done anything for you," I complained later that night as we were trying to sleep. It was dark, but Demi had been reading on her phone so I could see her face.

"It's okay. All I need from you is your undying love and affection," she said with a grin. "And you being honest with me about your feelings is always appreciated," she added.

I was laying on my stomach, arms folded under my head. "What did I do to deserve you and everything you've been doing for me?"

"You've been amazing. We've both made mistakes, but it's time to be happy." She locked her phone and put it on the charger, then laid down next to me again. "No more drama," she whispered, as she held me. Without sleeping pills, it was the best way for me to fall asleep.

~//~//~//~//~//~//~

The next few days with Demi's family were peaceful, but eventually we had to go home. And Demi was dying to give me my last surprise. Well... I assumed it was the last one. At this point, I wasn't totally sure.

She was able to get a private jet for the trip back and it was a lot less stressful, but I still feared dying in a tragic crash.

By the time she pulled onto my road, I was ready to collapse on my bed, but I instantly perked up, seeing an unfamiliar, white car in my driveway.

"Who's that?" I asked, unsure why someone would park there.

Looking over at Demi, I saw her struggling to keep a straight face.

"Demi, what's going on?" I asked cautiously. "Whose car is that?" When I was able to see it up close, I saw it was a Mercedes-Benz.

Demi couldn't contain her excitement. "It's the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class."

I had no idea what that meant, but I could tell it was expensive

"I had Max and Kelsey bring it today so it would be here for you. Do you like it? I know it's nothing like your old car, but I figured you'd like the design and everyth-" I shut her up by pressing my lips to hers.

"It's awesome," I said, and she grinned.

"Great. Now I gotta find the key." She texted Max, asking what they did with the key so I could unlock it and see the inside.

I was staring in through the window, and it looked like a creamy, gray colored leather on the seats. The wheel looked darker, and I was wondering what the horn sounded like when the headlights flashed and it beeped as the doors unlocked. I jumped back, seeing Demi approach with the key raised in the air.

She laughed, opening the door for me and I slid in behind the steering wheel. It was a dark brown wood with cream colored leather for decoration and comfort, and the seats were the same creamy leather. Demi peered in through the open door, smiling at my amusement as I gently turned the wheel to see how it felt in my hands.

"My God, Demi. This is amazing."

"You wanna test drive it?" She held up the key with the little remote on it. A sparkly red heart also dangled from it and I took it to see it was a custom keychain. It was a glittering red heart with my initials in gold, embedded in the enamel. Or resin? Whatever it was, it was pretty.

Demi walked around and climbed into the passenger seat. I shut my door and slipped the key in, then fastened my seatbelt before turning the key. My heart was racing in my chest. Demi was silent in anticipation, as I pulled the car out and onto the road.

It drove smoothly and quietly, and I almost never wanted to stop. But when I started to turn towards Southern California, Demi made me turn back.

I playfully rolled my eyes, returning to downtown LA. At one red light, I glanced at Demi who was staring out her window, a serious look on her face.

"You okay?" I asked, waiting for the light to change to green.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Just saw someone."

"Who?" I asked, pressing down on the gas.

"Just a girl. I don't know." She shook her head, hands clasped together in her lap. "I don't know," she repeated.