Prologue: Eleven Years

Since I was six years of age I have been surrounded with the sort of love people can only dream of, the kind of unrelenting understanding and passion rarely seen by the world today.

I had people who cared, really truly cared.

Seven of them to be exact.

They rarely spoke, but they were always there, especially when I needed them. My father left before I was even born you see, and my mother seemed more of a ghost than an actual human being.

But I always had my seven, my family from soul if not blood. A tight knit group of what I imagine having siblings would be like. They supported me no matter what, even if I wasn't exactly right. They are everything to me.

My place in this world. My friends. My home.

I was content with them, always. Just them.

But eleven years after they first smiled at me and nudged me to where I needed to be everything changed.

Eleven years after I met the people who loved me I was told they were never there.

Eleven years after I found my family I was told I was alone.

Eleven years practically alone with my seven I was told I had nothing at all.

Eleven years of love for an unknown number without any at all.

After eleven years all it took was a day for everything to change.

To fall down the proverbial rabbit hole.

My name is Winter White and eleven years, five months and twelve days give or take, I had my first delusion.

Six months ago I was told I have Schizophrenia.

Five months and 13 days ago I moved to aeternum.

Five months and 12 days ago they gave me my first pill to make my seven go away.

But all it does is put me in a haze, they haven't left me. They won't leave me. In a world where love is so rare and understanding even more so I will always have them. They won't leave me and they won't let me think I'm crazy. They are my seven, my friends, my family, my everything.

My name is Winter White and I am not schizophrenic.

At least my seven say I am not.