Confronting The Past

Start from the beginning

His red tongue hung out as he wagged his tail playfully jumping into Jeremiah' s arms willingly.

Brilliant, my own dog has betrayed me now, no more cute toys for you Bear Danvers. Alex sulked.

"He's just too cute." Jeremiah smiled down at him. " I remember when you were eight all you wanted for your birthday was a dog, you walked past the pet store every day and would show us the one you wanted, "

Eliza smiled and nodded. "You said he looked too sad to be alone and you needed to look after him to stop him being lonely."

" You never got him for me. " Alex answered flatly. She remembered the small brown and sandy dog she had thought he would cry when she walked past, she had given so many hints, clues and straight up told them what and who she wanted for her birthday when her eighth birthday did arrive she had been so disappointed to find he wasn't in her home, the science lab she had gotten instead filled her with sadness and disappointment. When she went back to the store a week later after building up the courage she found he was gone and she never saw him again, it was just one of the reasons that (Y/n) was so special she had been so sweet even if she had been against the idea of them keeping Bear, she knew how important it was to her and she'd accepted, having Bear to charm her had been a huge advantage too, he was an old pro at that now.

Eliza cleared her throat nervously. "We didn't mean for (Y/n) to leave, she is family we didn't want her to leave, it's quite late."

Alex rolled her eyes. Why did you come here then?

"No, I do feel bad about that." Jeremiah agreed.

" It's done now, and (Y/n) for some reason wants me to listen to your pathetic excuses. " Alex said stiffly. "She's probably with Lena anyway, she is planning a big Halloween party and Kara is being like a big kid." She keeps changing her mind every few seconds about what she is going to dress up as.

"Lena Luthor?" Jeremiah asked stunned. " Your girlfriend is friends with a Luthor? "

Alex frowned she heard (Y/n)'s response to his ignorant words. "My fiance is actually related to that particular Luther, and for your information, Kara is dating the aforementioned Luthor!"

" What! " He turned to his wife who tried to avoid his gaze. "Why didn't you tell me about this Eliza?"

Eliza shrugged. "I know how you would feel but Jeremiah she really is a lovely girl, kind and sweet, smart and heroic too if everything Kara tells me is true."

" It is. " Alex nodded, she'd seen first hand how she worked tirelessly when (Y/n)had been stuck in the Phantom Zone, all to get her back if Alex didn't owe her respect for (Y/n)'s sake then she owed it for everything she had seen with her own two eyes.

Jeremiah frowned he was uncertain he'd been through a lot and he found it hard to believe a Luthor could be as good as they claimed, but then it was his wife and daughter, why would they lie to him?

"You will see given time Jeremiah," Eliza assured him distracting herself by leaning over and running her hand over his head.

Alex grimaced as she watched her yellow bellied dog relish the attention. Is he purring? Can dogs purr, I think he's purring! Wait until I tell (Y/n) this, don't worry babe, we don't need a cat, our dog purrs like one.

 Is he purring? Can dogs purr, I think he's purring! Wait until I tell (Y/n) this, don't worry babe, we don't need a cat, our dog purrs like one