Turning to the right, he continued down the next hall more carefully but found nothing until he reached the end. There he found a set of spikes that had been triggered by some ancient being, possibly an animal seeking shelter. They blocked the known path, so he backtracked and took another hallway. 

As he proceeded further into the temple he ran across several smaller traps that he easily avoided or combated. Many were already sprung, though, skeletons left to commemorate those who had tried to make their way into the temple before him. 

Finally, Creed reached the chamber marked on his map where the holocron should've been kept. As he stepped inside he did a quick scan and easily spotted the red glowing holocron sitting in plain sight on a pedestal next to what looked like an empty throne. Unlike everything else, though, this room lacked the disrepair that the rest of the temple did. There were no crumbling walls, no cobwebs, or vines. Everything was neat and orderly as if someone lived here. Creed frowned.

No one lives here, it's probably just some sort of facade kept up by someone to scare off those who think they've made it, he told himself, scanning the room for traps before crossing to the pedestal. 

He reached out to take the holocron when he felt something cold grip his shoulder. He paused, recognizing the feeling of a force grip. It wasn't a shove or a pull, though, more like a hand resting on his shoulder. He slowly looked back to see a ghostly figure standing there, one hand resting on his shoulder, hollow eyes glaring down at him.

"Leave now before I leave your body among the others who have tried to take this holocron," a thin echoing voice commanded. Creed didn't so much as blink, simply steeled his face beneath his helmet as he jerked away, reaching for his dagger.

"I don't plan on leaving anytime soon," he countered sourly, lunging at the figure. It didn't move as Creed stumbled straight through it, his blade meeting nothing but air. He regained his balance and scowled, grumbling under his breath.

"You cannot touch me. I am the guardian. None who crosses me lives to tell the tale," the force ghost taunted direly, reaching to pick up a lightsaber lying next to the holocron.

"You have no idea how many times I've heard that one," Creed quipped darkly and sheathed his dagger, reaching for the lightsaber Mother Talzin had gifted him before he left. He gripped the familiar engraved surface as the force ghost ignited the ancient looking lightsaber. It glowed a deep red, casting eerie shadows across the room.

Creed didn't hesitate to ignite his own, glaring past its red blade at his opponent. The force ghost was hard to see beyond the light of the lightsaber, but Creed could still make out his form, and all he had to do was watch the weapon.

Both faced off for a long moment, then the force ghost lunged. It's lightsaber arced up before coming down straight for Creed. Quickly, Creed blocked and deflected the blow before turning to swing to the side. His blade met the other and red sparks blazed from both blades before they parted and Creed lunged at the force ghost. 

He scored what would've been a hit to any natural being. The force ghost simply hissed in a bit of pain and annoyance before vanishing along with his weapon. He reappeared moments later behind Creed, though, already driving the lightsaber forward.

Creed anticipated and blocked. Again the two battled across the room, both blades hissing and slashing as the two opponents tried each to drive the other back. Creed quickly learned that his lightsaber would damage the force ghost but didn't possess the ability to kill the ghost, while the ghost could easily do real damage to him. Creed held his own, though, pushing back the force ghost and fighting for his life and mission.