Part 2 - 7

Weeks passed and Creed slowly got used to having both the kittens scampering around and chasing each other through the halls. They were a pretty rowdy bunch, but no one seemed to mind. Unfortunately, only two out of the original five had made it, but Creed had helped Specter and Skate come up with names for the two little survivors since they were too young to remember the names they'd been given at birth. There was one little grey kitten named Cloudy who still puzzled them with his odd ability to life objects without touching them. Then there was Sunny, who had dark yellow skin and a few black tattoos on his face. 

Those two were a mess, and Specter often had to call on Kuli, the adult Zabrack they'd found, to help him keep the two in line. They seemed to love being the center of attention, and did almost everything they could to ensure that they were. While they were little, and most of the time their antic were cute, there were times when everyone was tired and no one wanted to deal with them. Kuli could keep them calm, though. He practically showered them with attention any time he could, and that kept them happy.

Tadem and Dawn were far calmer, though. The two were practically inseparable too, as Creed had discovered. Tadem had tolerated his presence there when they were in the medbay, but he hardly ever left Dawn's side unless Specter or Skate had Dawn. Creed didn't know quite why the Zabrack teen didn't trust him, but he didn't push it. He did want to spend time with Dawn, though. Dawn was the only one of his batchmates he'd found who was relatively nice and Creed wanted to have a brother his own age. 

Now that they were out of the medbay, though, Tadem wasn't having it and that meant Creed had to stick either with the kittens, Kuli, or Specter or Skate. 

They weren't bad options, and Creed had long since grown to trust Specter and Skate. He enjoyed hanging out with one or both of them. It was nice to have an older brother again, but he wanted to hang out with Dawn too. 

Creed was set on finding a way to hang out with his brother too. 

After a week or so of watching the two, trailing them at times, and settling into his own habits, Creed was pretty sure he had an idea of when Tadem would leave to go help Kuli round up the kittens. It wasn't a long window of time that Dawn was alone, but if Creed could somehow engage the other cadet in conversation, maybe he could have his foot in the door.

Walking towards Dawn's room, Creed paused as he heard Tadem leaving. When he felt secure that he couldn't hear the boy's steps any more he turned the corner and headed quickly to Dawn's room. He found the other cadet sitting on his bed, simply waiting. 

Creed headed into the room and hopped up on the bed beside Dawn, smiling. The other cadet, who acted quite shy most of the time, looked up at him a little.

"Hey," Creed said.

"Hey," Dawn said, sitting up a bit. He didn't seem tense or scared, but there was a spark of curiosity in his eyes.

"You're Creed, right?" he asked, cocking his head so that his hair, which was long enough for Specter to insist he wear it in a ponytail, flopped to one side.

"Yeah. I've been meaning to introduce myself, your little bodyguard doesn't seem to like me much, though," Creed joked, grinning.

That elicited a rare smile from Dawn and he laughed. "Tadem is a little possessive, but he's nice. I grew up with him," he said. 

"So, before you...were captured, did you live here with Specter and Skate?" Creed asked.

"At first it was just Skate, but when I was older we picked up Specter. He said he was leaving because he wanted to be a better man. He's pretty cool once you get to know him. I think he's an assassin, like you said you were," he said.