Thirteen.

Elizabeth's P.O.V ...
I spent most of my day thinking about Joel, was he actually sent here for me, did I deserve someone to love me and care for me and more to the point would he do that and did I deserve it?

I put my energy into cleaning the house as I thought, my frustration and confusion helped to make the house look spotless.

The next job was dinner and because it was getting colder of an evening I decided to make Joel a nice traditional Mexican soup to warm him up after a long cold day. My Latina friend/neighbour help me out though.

As Joel opened the door he smelt the soup, closing his eyes he inhaled deeply.

"Oh now that smells like heaven."

I smiled bashfully as I set the bowl of soup down on the table where Joel would sit. Once he had sat down and picked his spoon up I took my place across from him.

"Hmm, that's just fantastic Eliza, just what I needed after a cold day. It reminds me of my grandmother's house and her cooking."

I was happy he enjoyed my cooking; it felt good looking after him like this. I noticed an injury on his thumb and stretched my hand out to touch it.

"Ouch, why did you do that?"
Joel laughed and shook his head.
"I wasn't concentrating and missed the nail and hammered my thumb instead."

I brushed my finger across his nail.
"After dinner I'll get the blood out from under your nail, it will ease the pain."

Joel looked horrified now.
"You will do WHAT?"

"Oh you big baby!" I teased.

"No I will heat up one of my sewing needles in the fire and then burn a hole in the nail, the blood comes out and then you're sorted."

Joel moved his hand off the table and onto his lap.
"Like hell you are."

The remainder of the dinner was eaten in silence, more because Joel was concerned about my barbaric idea for his nail it was written all over his face, he would rather leave his nail and just hope it didn't get infected.

Joel sat himself down on the rocking chair that now seemed to be his; he rocked back and forth gently resting himself.
I sat myself down on the tiny stool by Joel's feet and places a sewing needle just on the edge of the hearth letting it heat up. Joel was busy looking at the ceiling not watching me, he would rather not bother. I looked at the dark haired guy, he was scared and I found it rather cute.

All men she knew never showed any form of emotion other than anger so this was a refreshing change. I took hold of his hand and Joel jumped as my warm hand touched his. He looked into my sparkling brown eyes, as if he could easily lose himself in them. I smiled in the hope of reassuring him.

"I've done this so many times Joel, it won't hurt and everyone says the pain of the blood under your nail goes straight away."

Joel closed his eyes tightly.
"Go on then get it over with."

I took the needle out of the fire with a thick cloth to prevent it from burning my fingers. I looked up at Joel who still had his eyes squeezed shut. I lowered the needle and as it got closer to Joel's nail he felt the heat and opened one eye to look at it. As the needle touched his nail he felt the warmth and I smelt his nail burning but he felt no pain, suddenly the needle pierced through the nail and the blood oozed from his nail, it was at this point Joel wished he hadn't bothered looking at all. I laid the cloth and needle down at the fire side and with another clean cloth I gently pushed either side of the hole removing all the blood. Joel hated to admit it but it did feel much better already.
"Better?"

I asked in a soothing voice as I stroked his hand gently in between my own. Joel looked at me sitting by his feet and I couldn't feel any happier. As I got to my feet Joel stood up in front of me holding my hands.

"Thanks."

He whispered in a husky voice, I felt the electricity flow between our bodies as I swallowed hard unsure of what to do now. Joel placed my hands on his shoulders and moved his to my waist as he pulled me close to him so our bodies touched.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Elizabeth's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He breathed in the scent of her as he held her close, her soft body against his own, and her round breasts pushed against his own firm chest, it made his heart race as the tension grew between them. Joel slipped his hands over her hips and onto her rounded buttocks, they were smooth and firm and he couldn't help but to give them a gentle pinch, Elizabeth jumped slightly as was now wide-eyed as she looked up into his cool brown eyes.

"Elizabeth Cole I love you and no matter what happen I want my life to be with you...."

Elizabeth opened her mouth to speak and Joel shook his head at her so she silenced, Joel continued.

"...... If I am to stay here I want to be by your side but if the fog comes back and takes me home I want you to come with me, let me take care of you.......... Let me love you." Elizabeth's face flushed, she didn't know what to say but Joel didn't give her the chance as he brought his lips down on top on hers, Elizabeth surrendered to the kiss and enjoyed it, she wrapped her arms tight around his neck and their bodies moulded to each other as they enjoyed the kiss. Feeling his passion rise Joel ran his tongue over her lips and was surprised when she parted them allowing his tongue entry into her warm mouth. Joel now held her so tight he felt he would crush her cute frame if he wasn't careful, but Elizabeth now seemed to take over, her hand snaked up to the nape of his neck where she caressed the ends of his hair and neck and increased the force of the kiss. It was as if an inferno was starting to build between them, one Joel wasn't sure he could stop; unbeknown to him Elizabeth didn't want it to stop at all.

************************
A single emoji for this chapter "🔥."  I am sorry for late update😊😊 if anyone is reading this😂😂.
Don't forget to vote. Te amo💙💙.