Chapter 4: Here We Go

(Cat is OneStep, LakeClan deputy)

    Breezy and OwlStar padded alongside one another as the sky above continued to change color, its once darker shades seeping away into soft yellows and oranges. Keeping up his pace Breezy followed behind the cat infront oh him, his eyes travelling over her as he noticed her short tail and frame. Flicking his own tail the young tom felt his spine shiver as the scent of cats washed over him, his nose twitching frantically. "Where are we going?" He voice rose up, almost breaking with nervous as OwlStar kept padding forward, her own voice stayinf silent to his question. "I'd like to go home" he tried once more, finding more confidence in his words he quickenes his pace to be beside OwlStar.
   Her pale blue eyes slipped over to Breezy as her whiskers twitched in quite annoyance. "We are going to my camp" she said, her eyes spilling away to look out ahead of her.  Feeling his ears twitching back breezy sighed. He had hear many things from other kittypets of the forst cats. How they were wild, and ruthless. How many times they would kill any kittypet they did not know. Shaking the thoughts away he kept his head dipped down, the toms ears twitching as every sound as they padded through the forest.
   "Keep quite now" came OwlStars voice as breezy flicked his gaze up, seeing a clearing ahead of them. Making no attempt to answer he kept walking, his heart picking up speed with every paw step. As they grew closer to the clearing ahead sounds of other cats could be heard breaking through the bramble barrier that blocked breezys vision from seeing inside. "This way" Owlstar flicked her tail at him, turning left as they skimmed outside the brambles, nearing what looked to be a small opening to inside. Drawing near a smaller head popped out from the opening, its ear perked up as their eyes fell ontop both cats. "OwlStar" came the small cats voice, their ear flicking as owlstar dipped her head in hello. "SnowPaw, do inform the clan I am back" the patched leader said in a stern tone, the small white cat nodding before darting away as breezy and the leader slipped through the entrance. "This is LakeClan" she looked to him with a hushed tone, hid eyes flicking over everything before him.
   He saw many cats, some if all ages it seemed mingiling around the clearing. Looking to his left he noticed a small den, a grey cat poking their head out as three kits tumbled around them. Seeing another pelt past by, their eyes flicking over breezy in disgust. "Owlstar" the large black tom that had attacked Breey earlier padded forward. "Hello Onestep, please follow me" she looked to them both, her eyes falling cold as she padded forward. "All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the high tree for a clan meeting" her voice rang out among the clearing, cats head popping up and many more slipping out of dens that seemed hidden to Breezy before.
    Following behind both owlstar and Onestep he kept his own head bowed down, his eyes loooing out to the cats that began to gather under a large oak tree to the edge of camp.  Stopping as he approached the base, he watched OwlStar leap forward, her paws clawing up the tree as she climed to the lowest hanging branch.