CHAPTER 20

After sometime, Anika was preparing the dinner. She was lost in her thoughts and was about to touch the hot pan with her bare hands, when Shivaay came there and took her hand back with a jerk.

Anika came out of her thoughts .

S- Anika where were you lost? If I didn't reached on time, then your hand would have burnt.

Shivaay was scolding her but she was continuously looking at him without blinking her eyes.

Shivaay understands her state of mind and cups her face.

S- I know Anika, a lot of things happened today but you have to be strong to deal with them. Ok leave all this, lets make coffee first and then we will go at the terrace to talk. Ok.

A- But dinner..

S- We will have dinner later.

Anika nods and Shivaay starts making coffee for themselves.

Then they move towards the terrace and sit there in silence.

Shivaay breaks the silence and says-

S- I am sorry, Anika. I know you are stressed about this marriage thing but that time I thought that this is the only option to make you stay with me. I know I was wrong. I should have asked you or atleast I should have discussed it with you but I did not. At that time, the only thought which was running in my mind was that you will leave me forever and I didn't want that to happen. But if you don't want this marriage, I will not force you, we will apply for div.......

Shivaay was about to say but Anika palms his mouth.

A- Please Shivaay. I want to give a chance to this marriage. I know it was sudden but it is the best thing that has happened in my life. Thank you that you saved me from them.

Shivaay smiles at her confession.

A- You know I was trying to tell you the truth from yesterday, but circumstances were not letting it to happen. But I will not delay it anymore. I want to tell you everything about me.

S- Anika, its Ok. If you are not ready. We can talk about it later.

A- No, Shivaay. Please let me tell you otherwise i will not be able to tell you.

Shivaay side hugs her and Anika keeps her head on his shoulder.

S- Okay. If you want to tell me then I am all ears.

A- So I am Anika Malhotra oops now Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi( Shivaay smiles at this). I am only daughter of Mr. Tej Malhotra, the business tycoon and my mom, Jhanvi malhotra. You know my mom was really rich but she had a very soft heart. Papa was the only son of my nanu's friend, he was also rich but his company was in many losses. So he requested to make his son to marry his daughter and to merge their companies. Nanu agreed. Soon papa and mumma got married. Mumma used to love him very much but after 3 months of her marriage, she caught papa cheating on her with Swetlana mom. She warned him that if it continues then she will break the partnership between their companies. After that day, papa never tried to cheat on her infact he used to or if I say pretended to love her very much. On their 6 month anniversary, mumma got the news that she was pregnant with me. She was on seventh sky after hearing this news, papa was also very happy but afterwards doctor said that she has many complications in her pregnancy so either she could save me or her and she chose me.

Anika was crying hysterically. Shivaay rubbed her back to console her.

She calmed down a bit and then continued-

A- When I arrived in this world, that day only I lost my mother. I never got the love of parents. My mother was not with me and my father, he was physically present with me but he never tried to come close to me emotionally . He was always busy in his business and his deals. Daima told me that when I was 1 month old, he married Swetlana mom, she also used to hate me, she says that I am hurdle between her and her dreams. I always craved for the love of a father, mother and a happy family. Daima is the one who brought me up. When I was in 5th standard, I met Gauri and she is like a soul-sister to me, she knows me in and out. She is the one who provoked me to run away from my house and not to spoil my life for those people who doesn't even care for me. Thanks to her that I met you.