M A S T E R & S E R V A N T

Pain. Although there's no recent occurrence that hurts you, the feeling of pain will always be there, somewhere at the back of your mind, reminding you of what it feels like. Never once leaving. A faithful servant. Always serving as a reminder.

The same thing goes to love

Whether you had it or not. You can always recognise the feeling of love. It could be as quaint as the morning beating of sunlight, it could be that first text you received in the morning, the smile you had when you're having an inside joke, the awkward coexistence of calmness and fear both of the same time, the smile you wear on your face when you spend time with them.

It could be anything at all

And whether you're having it now or not, your brain will never let you forget it, the quaint feeling of love, that can made you feel so full and empty at the same time.

It's always there, at the back of your mind, never once leaving it, like it has found home within yourself. And whether you like or not, or whether it hurts or make you hollow, love is love. You'll always recognise it. Be it in a memory or while observing the world. Or maybe just maybe while you're experiencing it yourself. While Pain is servant, Love is a Master. As from Love you can extract pain too.

Love will always be the one on top of everything. And the most pain a person can experience from is the pain while they are in love or after love left them. But no matter what, love will always find its way. And no matter what happens, you'll always recognise it. Because love is love. And the presence itself is so familiar, how could you not know it.

It's like breathing. You just know how to do it. Without being taught how. That's how you can be so sure of love. And you'll always recognise it, even within the emptiness, at some point, there will be a moment of it, so pure and faint, so familiar, the feeling of love.

And you smile
Cause you know exactly what I meant.

N A M

21-08-2018/2057